Thread: FOR SALE/SWAP DIANA 71 .22 calibre (as restoration project)

FOR SALE/SWAP DIANA 71 .22 calibre (as restoration project)

Hello All,

PRICE DROP-SEE BELOW

Apologies for the lengthy post but I like to try and describe things as accurately as possible.

Having asked for and received some excellent information from a BBS member (see text below - many thanks Gareth) regarding the worth of a recently acquired Diana air rifle in .22 calibre which is stamped made in Britain, I am now looking to move it on to someone who will be more appreciative of its collectable value or worth as spares. The air rifle is being sold in the condition I received it and I have not done any work personally internally or externally to it. .

"The Mod.71 was never advertised in the UK however for reasons no one ever really knew, and Dennis Hiller says in his bible of air guns (4th edition) that these rifles were so rare that he had only ever seen one"

"I have seen a poor to average one go for £65 plus post, which is I think where I would pitch your one"

Description

Diana Series 70 Model 71 .22 calibre

The gun is missing the following:
    The two fore end screws.
    The Diana medalion which was inletted into the side of the stock.
    The safety slide normally fitted at the rear of the end cap.

Metalwork

The blueing has been removed by the previous owner and the metalwork has some heavyish rust on it. The metalwork would therefore need re polishing and reblueing. Having removed the foresight and barrel shroud for a closer inspection the blueing beneath this on the barrel itself is very good.
    Both front and rear open sights are present.

Woodwork

The stock is right handed and made in beech with reasonably prominent grain, fairly deep in the fore end and fitted with a rubber butt pad. Overall the stock has a few dinks but no splits or cracks that I can see or am aware of. The finish is badly worn on the right side where there is a light area which appears to have been lightly rubbed down, hence the stock will need stripping and refinishing.

Mechanical

I have cocked the gun on one occasion only and fired it as it would not engage the trigger seer the second time I tried it (possibly adjustment). Therefore I cannot comment on the power level.

Going by the above information I would be looking for around PRICE DROP!! NOW £45.00 (Face to face collection only please - sorry but I'm not willing to post at the present time)

Alternatively I may be willing to swap, for a scope in good condition, with decent optics and the following specs (again face to face only):

3 or 4-12 x 50 or 56 with IR
    3 or 4-16 x 50 or 56 with IR

I already have a 6-24 x 50 IR scope therefore no offers of larger magnification scopes please if you are interested in a swap.

I have no pictures available at the time of posting but will try to get some done over the next couple of days for any interested party.
    If anyone is interested please post replies on here initially.

Thanks in advance
    Regards
    Last edited by Greylag; 04-11-2007 at 09:24 AM. Reason: description amended
    Dave (www.kwacs.org.uk) "Wildfowlers do it in the mud"

Gamma500 Guest
    I had one of those as a kid, dont ever remember mine having a foresight hoop and if i remember correctly the cylinder was coated with a matt black paint type finish and unblued, sold it to a lady from Spalding about 22years ago for her son as a first gun for about £20, was a lovely gun at the time, wish id not caved in to the pressure and kept mine lol

Gamma500 Guest
    Hey, no worries mate, no idea if they were all like mine or if mine was standarrd, but it was as it was so to speak, never seen another one. Now im thinking if the bloke who i sold my Mercury Mk1 to will sell it back lol

regards
    Nick