Thread: Thanks to DaveUK I now own an Air Arms Camargue.

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!

Smile Thanks to DaveUK I now own an Air Arms Camargue.

I got one of the biggest and certainly most pleasant surprises of my life yesterday when going to DaveUKs house for a brew and to drop a few recent aquisitions of his off to add to the already extensive collection he owns.
    Dave is what I would term a proper collector, bearing this in mind and bearing in mind he had always showed an interest in my (now his) Cobra Strike .25, he said he had a few swaps so I offered to swap him the Cobra for one of these surplus to requirements guns. The Cobra was just a tool to me used on Ratting duties back in the mid 80's. I know its fairly rare thesedays. But Dave being a collector I could not think of a better home or a better bloke than my buddy Dave, he offered to buy it but, I don't like money coming into it where friends are concerned, anyway to cut a long story short Dave has bought me an Air Arms Camargue and an absolutely beautiful example of this RARE mid 80's sidelever for the Cobra , the stock grain is truely lovely and the bluing mint. This is topped by a period Tasco 2-7x32 AG making up an ideal hunting combo, thats takes me back to my younger days which will be christened in the field ASAP . AND THATS NOT ALL . He also aquired a 3-9x56 Optima Super Moonlighter for me the Holy Grail of Scopes, this is already on my 1983 vintage Venom 80, something I always wanted to see mounted on my lovely old 80, being an avid John Darling fan, so after all these years I now have my much dreamed of combo. That'll be out in the field ASAP also.

I've got to admit to being pleasantly touched by this and will treasure my Camargue for ever, soooooooooo a

big THANKS BUDDY
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    Excellent!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

Gary, I'm well happy for you. I remember you telling me you wanted one when we was a Kibworth.

And nice one Dave for acquiring the Camargue.

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Nice one Gary. Nice to hear of everyone happy at getting what they want.

While we're on the subject, thanks to Dave UK (and Gareth W-B for pointing me in his direction), I will soon be the proud owner of a Webley Omega. Webley's best break barrel gun of the time, or so everyone keeps telling me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Gary, I'm well happy for you. I remember you telling me you wanted one when we was a Kibworth.

And nice one Dave for acquiring the Camargue.

Regards
    Paddy.
    Thats the amazing thing Pad, there was not just one Camargue there were two two Camargues plus a Parabellum and a Hipower in the same room Air Arms heaven plus two SUSSEX ARMOURY scopes a mint Optima 3-9X40 and MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SUPER MOONLIGHTER .
    Dave sourced another Camargue off Gareth W B another minter BLEEDIN ELL PAD THAT WAS A DAY THAT WAS .
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    Nice one Gary. Nice to hear of everyone happy at getting what they want.

While we're on the subject, thanks to Dave UK (and Gareth W-B for pointing me in his direction), I will soon be the proud owner of a Webley Omega. Webley's best break barrel gun of the time, or so everyone keeps telling me.

Cheers Steve buddy , was nice seeing the Venom tag off your EX Venom 77 , very nice piece of kit that young Steve, bet you regret SELLING that oh Celtic Studmuffin and tranee Druid. I'm afraid the only way anyone is getting my Camargue is from my cold dead hands . Congrats on the Webley Omega 'the last word in Airgun Design' if I remember the magazine adverts correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Cheers Steve buddy , was nice seeing the Venom tag off your EX Venom 77 , very nice piece of kit that young Steve, bet you regret SELLING that oh Celtic Studmuffin and tranee Druid.
    Nah I never regret selling anything. Nope, never. Not me. Glad it went to a good home though.

I doubt that I'll ever be able to afford a Venom like that again though, but it's better to have loved and lost and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    Nah I never regret selling anything. Nope, never. Not me. Glad it went to a good home though.

I doubt that I'll ever be able to afford a Venom like that again though, but it's better to have loved and lost and all that.
    My lips were quivering with emotion there young Steve you Celtic silk tongued poet you . Ye mate it certainly went to a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayling View Post
    Thats the amazing thing Pad, there was not just one Camargue there were two two Camargues plus a Parabellum and a Hipower in the same room Air Arms heaven plus two SUSSEX ARMOURY scopes a mint Optima 3-9X40 and MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SUPER MOONLIGHTER .
    Dave sourced another Camargue off Gareth W B another minter BLEEDIN ELL PAD THAT WAS A DAY THAT WAS .
    Well when you & Dave come round to mine you can see my SHRINE of Jackals . I would have more, however there is a thing called responsibilties

Like I said I'm well happy for you & the scope always wanted on of those esp the gamekeeper

I've seen some of the photos of Daves collection. Very cool

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Operating without any decent restraint - Nottm
    Glad you are sorted now Gary.
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke...( so people have told me)
    1st Battalion Humberside Cavalier Rescue Deserters on the cut

Quote Originally Posted by Neil. View Post
    Glad you are sorted now Gary.
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke...( so people have told me)
    THANKS NEIL , errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I THINK .

Hello Gary,
    this is the first time i've seen this thread. i'm glad you're so chuffed mate. One good turn does deserve another though and i just thought it was a fitting way to replace your Cobra Strike as i know you have been seeking another Camargue to replace the one you had in your youth. You did fail to mention the MINT optima 3-9x40 that you bought me that is now sat on my HW35 VIXEN though, thanks back mate.
    i'm looking forward to catching up again soon. atb Dave
    p.s. Steve, your Omega should be with you by now mate.

Quote Originally Posted by daveuk View Post
    Hello Gary,
    this is the first time i've seen this thread. i'm glad you're so chuffed mate. One good turn does deserve another though and i just thought it was a fitting way to replace your Cobra Strike as i know you have been seeking another Camargue to replace the one you had in your youth. You did fail to mention the MINT optima 3-9x40 that you bought me that is now sat on my HW35 VIXEN though, thanks back mate.
    i'm looking forward to catching up again soon. atb Dave
    p.s. Steve, your Omega should be with you by now mate.
    Hiya Buddy , the Camargue is now zeroed mate plus I've got a nice new permission to christen it on, I spent Saturday rubbing walnut oil into the stock and a silicone cloth over the action just need a nice period sling for it now. The Optima SUPER MOONLIGHTER/Venom 80 is next for zeroing, I'll have that out this Friday morning, got the zoom working again, the crack ain't that bad mate, doesn't bother me anyway. 3 or 4x will be better for light gathering during dusk shooting. The Venom 80 looks the Mutts Nuts now Dave . Thanks again mate I still haven't come down yet .