Thread: Which meteor spring for Relum Tornado please

Which meteor spring for Relum Tornado please

Can anyone advise which meteor spring I should be using to update a Relum Tornado for a friend. I have the information about the floating spring guide from Hsing-ee just need to get the right spring.

The springs for the meteor seem to be different between the different mk's. The mk5 and earlier are longer [MS024 on chambers site] The mk 6 looks much shorter. Can anyone please help by advising which one would be best for the tornado?
    Cheers omant

Meteor Spring

Hi Omant
    I recently put a Meteor mk5 spring in a Tornado, but other members may know a better spring to use.
    Cheers Mick

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

meteor spring

Recently got a rough relum 322 (early tornado) working. As it was a cheapy for plinking I ended up withh an old meteor spring and guide and 2 coils off a mercury to give it a bit of tension. It is a low powered plinker. HOWEVER tell you this boy----I bought a meteor spring to put in it-went in no trouble and the gun was powerful but a bit harsh----I found out it was a mk6 meteor spring,which is larger diameter than the earlier ones and doesnt fit them.
    SO unless your after out and out power Id just fit a mk5 or ealier meteor spring OR maybe a Webley Hawk spring. Ive found the gun can be hard to cock cos the insert on the cocking arm was missing on mine and I soldered a piece of brass in pro tem. When I get a new tin opener, the plastic bush out of the butterfly is going to be a donor for the relum. Hope this helps.

Mk5 it is

Thank you Chaps,

Mk5 it is thenomant

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Think I used a Mk 3 as that is the one which I had at the time...

done

I have put a mark 5 spring in with piece of brass tube as a spring guide and it is a lot smoother. It is not very powerful but nice and refined, well for a relum anyway

Thanks again. omant

Recently i've put a Weihrauch HW97k spring in a Relum Tornado. Believe it or not, but with a new HW77/97k seal (+ home made adaptor) the blody thing was shooting over 280 mps!

And still, everything wass working fine,

Nice toy,

Teun
    Last edited by Teun; 09-07-2008 at 06:29 PM.

i used to have a tornado with a double spring was this standard or had someone done it.

try a gamo 3000 you wont regret it the sring fits well i also modded the seal to one aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by davidstoncold View Post
    i used to have a tornado with a double spring was this standard or had someone done it.

Standard.

Grt,
    Teun