Thread: em-ge airguns

em-ge airguns

Anyone have any EM-GE air rifles or pistols?. Pre WW2 only though.

Thanks

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Yes I've got a Zenit. Nice little pistol, much better made than the British Diana G4 which was its genetic successor!

I used to have a Zenit, not sure where it went after mooving a few times

Yes, I have a Zenit, A Herkules, and a small barrel-cocking rifle.

Don R.

Any pictures people?. I have a "krone" purchased on here which is a great little rifle.

Hello,

I think the "Krone" airrifles were made after WW2 somewhere mid 50's.
    I have a AKAH catalog which has these models in it (could still be that they were made pre-WW2 as well)

I have one in .22 "gezogen" that's rifled to you, made before WW2 but this one doesn't mention Krone, just EM-GE on a round brass medallion on the lefthand side of the stock.
    On the cylinder it 's marked with >EM-GE<Zella-Mehlis(Thür.)

On the lefthand side of the breechbloc it's marked with: "Cal.5,5 mm(.22R)gez. beneath that there is a picture of a ship with "germany" in it

Cheers,

Hans

Received a reply today from EM-Ge regards the "Krone" model rifle I purchased.

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

Your air rifle Mod. EM-GE "Krone" was made by "Moritz & Gerstenberger" in Zella-Mehlis, Thüringen, Germany in the 1930s and
    was also produced as multiloader "Krone M".

Attached please find two prospectus dated 1938 - unfortunately a list of all weapons dos not exist, yet.

For our recent product range please have a look at our homepage www.emge-online.de

Best regards,

M. Brauer
    This confirms my own research,

EM-GE is a trade name used on non-firearms manufactured by Moritz & Gerstenberger (before 1939) or Gerstenberger & Eberwein (after 1939).
    EM-GE having been set up in approx 1927/1928 and having started making air guns in 1930.

It has all the right markings to be a 1930-1939 rifle.

Lovely guns too.

I have an EmGe zenit repeater, sorry I cannot post picture.
    Elanmac

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    Yes I've got a Zenit. Nice little pistol, much better made than the British Diana G4 which was its genetic successor!
    I've got a Zenit and used to have a Diana Mk4, while I agree that the Zenit is better finished and has nicer wood in its grip, and a better barrel, the Diana copy is better in one or two respects, the screw-in tailcap is better than the 'bayonet' style tailcap of the Zenit, plus the pivots in the Diana's cocking linkage are machine screws, not rivets as are used in the Zenit,much better for maintenance, cleaning and lubrication.

They seem to be well built guns. Will look for a pistol for myself soon. Would love to have the Krone multi though.