Hi,

This is my first post on this forum but I just wanted to share my recent (two weeks ago) experience of importing some CO2 airpistols.
I ordered 3 Co2 Air Pistols (CP99 Compact 'Recon', PX-4 Storm 'Recon' and a Desert Eagle) from pyramid air in the states. I first sent pyramid air an email asking if they were ok to send items to the UK and they confirmed that as long as the pistols were below 6ft/lb and rilfes less than 12ft/lb then they would be happy to do so. Following this email I made my online order and paid with paypal, the process was very smooth and their communication was good.

The pistols were sent by UPS the next day and 24 hours later I got a phonecall from a customs officer working for UPS (not HMRC) he asked me if the guns I had imported were 'BB Guns' I explained that one was and the others were pellet guns. He told me that I had to complete an RIF form and send it back to him. I was promptly emailed the form and I had to print it out and fax it back as it required a signature. The top of the form asked if it was a firearm, firearm spares / parts or replica firearm. I marked that they were firearms. The rest of the form offered tick boxes presenting the various defences for having an RIF so I went straight to the bottom and filled in the 'other reasons for import' section. I put the reasons as traget practice and shooting, signed the form and sent it off.
I called the guy at UPS the next day and he said HMRC were trying to determine the power of the guns so I said I would send him an email for links to the manufacturers of the pistols to confirm the power. He thanked me and said he would give me a call when he heard back from HMRC.

I never recieved a call back from the guy....but the pistols arrived at 8.30am the very next day!!

Overall.......quite an easy experience, I had to pay 30 odd quid for VAT and whatever esle it is they charge bt other than that I was quite pleased with the whole process. It served my purpose as I go tthe guns much quicker than I would if I had waited to find the time to travel to my nearest RFD with these items in stock...and the CP99 Compact Recon is not, I believe, available in the UK. Another interesting point is that the Pistols are marked 'Umarex-USA' I kinda like that.

Hope this will help, I have to say I thought that UPS were pretty much on the ball with it and would recommend requesting them as your courier

Nick