Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
We already do!!
The only thing...barring family commitment's...that stops me shooting the Nationals is the distance.
It just works out too expensive.
I only shoot the closer Southern Hunters for the same reason!
Anyone that puts on these big events has my admiration, i have some idea what it involves and it is bleedin hard work!

XX
Well said Aunty Spongey... time to stoke the flames of a Sussex vs Rest of the World gauntlet again?

Distance is definately a factor for me in the nationals. I shoot all the Southern Hunters but the nationals are too much of a trek, especially when there are 11 shoots for SiHFT to fit around club days and family commitments, then trying to fit in the DOC, Summer Sizzler, Bunny Bash and all those 1 offs... it's nice to be spoilt for choice.

SiHFT is going from strength to strength with more shooters every comp (80 or more now I think) and the standard getting even higher with our friends from Meon in the mix this year... it's even fun being humbled by the exceptional juniors that are coming along, the courses are getting more imaginative, the cammoraderie and banter is getting more entertaining and we have the best burgers in the known universe, what more could anyone ask!

...and all that within 1-1.5 hours drive