Thread: WooooHoooo!

BigEars Guest

WooooHoooo!

Just taken delivery of an HW75 bought off here in a rush of blood on tuesday night. Gun arrived 8.30 this morning

Cleaned the barrrel at lunchtime and by coincidence the dog's walk today was only just down the road from the club's indoor range.

First impressions, quality gun, good build and in very good condition. The rear sight notch was a bit of a mess (not well finished and a little canted), but this doesn't affect the shooting.

The cocking effort is much lower than my current Beeman 2004e and the trigger is the mutt's nuts! After compressing the air cylinder, the hammer has to be cocked separately to ready for firing. The anatomical grip is a wee bit tight on my right hand. Shooting the gun is nearly as much fun as my HW45 and after a bit of sight adjustment was getting a reasonable group (all in the black) at 10m. Anyone contemplating buying one of these should start saving, I can't recommend it enough.

Shootin Al's loss is my gain.

Thumbs up Pistol Fun

Welldone enjoy it their a great pistol,expect to see U well up ubc scoresheet
    now...Mike...

Well done Alan

A chap at the club has one and occasionally lets me have a go I must say it is superb - even though he only beat me with my BSA Scorpion by one point
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Lovely pistols. I've had one about 15 years now. I have to say though I wouldn't buy one new as they cost £ridiculous.

I nearly sold it 2 years ago, while raising funds for something else. I was just in the middle of taking some photos for the sale post and suddenly thought "what are you doing??", and that was that!
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam77K View Post
    Lovely pistols. I've had one about 15 years now. I have to say though I wouldn't buy one new as they cost £ridiculous.

I nearly sold it 2 years ago, while raising funds for something else. I was just in the middle of taking some photos for the sale post and suddenly thought "what are you doing??", and that was that!
    If I gave you £270 (new price), could you make one? That's what you have to ask yourself.

No, if I was after a recoilless target pistol and you gave me £270, first I'd say "thank you very much!", then I'd buy a used one and pocket the change

Or if I'm honest I'd put it toward a used Steyr or Walther etc.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
    If I gave you £270 (new price), could you make one? That's what you have to ask yourself.
    £270? Where was that?
    I've seen them for £399 on one site Can't remember where, though.
    For £270, I might consider one.

Sportsman gun centre, £248.99
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it