Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA Mk11 Airsporter Valuation Required

BSA Mk11 Airsporter Valuation Required

I will just let the pictures do the talking on this valuation:

How difficult it is in the current financial climate to put a value on an item, However, what a beauty!
    Personally I would not feel robbed to part with £250 for this example. ( this is a personal opinion and not a professional valuation )

Regards Mike

Thumbs up Airsporter Mk II

Yes indeed a beautiful example! Despite the recession someone will fall for this!!
    Freedom needs a soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by mikewareing View Post
    How difficult it is in the current financial climate to put a value on an item, However, what a beauty!
    Personally I would not feel robbed to part with £250 for this example. ( this is a personal opinion and not a professional valuation )

Regards Mike
    Spot on for me Mike

Are you looking for a valuation with a view to selling it?

This is not an offer to buy - just want to know whether I should be keeping a 24 hr watch on the sales sections for the next few days!!!!
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    Are you looking for a valuation with a view to selling it?

This is not an offer to buy - just want to know whether I should be keeping a 24 hr watch on the sales sections for the next few days!!!!

Sorry to hijack this thread but, those front sight elements i got from you were perfect for my Sterling HR81

Regards Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikewareing View Post
    Sorry to hijack this thread but, those front sight elements i got from you were perfect for my Sterling HR81

Regards Mike
    Great! - its good to know that they have gone to a good home. Sorry I didn't get to meet you Mike.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

There was a complaint here recently about valuations being of little worth because they don't involve people putting their money where their mouths are etc etc. Well here's mine: I will pay £275 posted for this beauty if that is the price on a sales thread (and if I see it in time).
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    There was a complaint here recently about valuations being of little worth because they don't involve people putting their money where their mouths are etc etc. Well here's mine: I will pay £275 posted for this beauty if that is the price on a sales thread (and if I see it in time).
    I've already got the Red Bulls in and I'm refresshing the Collectables and For Sales sections every couple of seconds. looks like it might be a long couple of days
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    I've already got the Red Bulls in and I'm refresshing the Collectables and For Sales sections every couple of seconds. looks like it might be a long couple of days
    We both know that you don't need it Paul, give the rest of us a chance, eh?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    We both know that you don't need it Paul, give the rest of us a chance, eh?
    You're right of course - but how can you look at a gun like that and not want it regardless. I still say these are the most beautiful air rifles ever made.

If BSA had the sense to make (in England) a top quality reproduction of these guns with top notch walnut and modern full power internals, I'm certain they'd sell as many as they could turn out even at £350 ~ £400 i.e. Prosport territory.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

Thanks for all the comments guy's, it is clear why this is the best section on the BBS - best keep stum about the red bull, just in case we get any more visits from undesirables If i put this up for sale it will only go on in this section and it wont be before Friday 11th Sept

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Thanks for all the comments guy's, it is clear why this is the best section on the BBS - best keep stum about the red bull, just in case we get any more visits from undesirables If i put this up for sale it will only go on in this section and it wont be before Friday 11th Sept
    Thanks for telling us Mark - I can now go to bed and sleep soundly! (Hopefully to dream though!)

Seriously though, its a beautiful example of a great gun. You'll have no problem selling it if and when you decide to do so.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

Finest example of the gunsmith's art

What a beauty to behold!

My own Mk 2 has seen many winters, and many summers too. The related seasons 'spring' and 'autumn' have engraved on it a patina reflecting its use as a working rifle and I would never part with it.

But if it were to disappear, I should be glad to have another such as the one advertised.

Yours In Sport

Mr D

Quote Originally Posted by Mr D View Post
    What a beauty to behold!

My own Mk 2 has seen many winters, and many summers too. The related seasons 'spring' and 'autumn' have engraved on it a patina reflecting its use as a working rifle and I would never part with it.

But if it were to disappear, I should be glad to have another such as the one advertised.

Yours In Sport

Mr D
    The best thing is to have at least a couple of such guns in reserve - at least that's what I'm trying to convince my wife.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.