Hi Everyone a very small but active workforce of Vanpyre, Delta and Snock and Keith worked wonders at the weekend. The meeting room is painted and the door is on. Vanpyre worked all day Saturday putting the new sockets in there. On Sunday the electrics in the rest of the range were tested and found wanting so new and safe wiring was installed to the firing points in range two and the kitchen, so now they won't trip. 'the committee of the day' aka those mentioned above thought it would be useful to list all the work you have helped with so far and what still needs to be done - so here goes
The roof has been sealed - it no longer leaks
Back wall completely rebuilt - the building is now stable when the wind blows.
Deep trench dug round side and back of range two and filled with shingle - rain no longer comes under side wall.
Replacement door fitted to front of range - now opens easily
False ceiling put up in entrace lobby - this stopped the wind coming into the range.
New armoury created from old workshop - wheelchair shooters can access their own rifles/pisols
Old storage area cleared and meeting room built - this can now be used for lectures etc during training weekends
New kitchen units - somewhere nice to make the coffee for the volunteers!!!
New lights in both ranges - much better than before.
New toilets fitted in two loos, new hand basins in three loos - so much nicer
Hot water heaters and hand dryers in all four toilets - a first!!
New water heater fitted in kitchen - replaces the old urn, so much safer
Lots of painting - looks much cleaner
Fire doors fitted at back of both ranges. I'm sure I have forgotten something but now for the list of the work still to do
Finish cladding back wall, cistern in one loo, hand basin in one loo, false ceiling, heating, boading out all communial areas/kitchen/office and paint, hollow sofit to front and back of range (this will protect the new back wall and make the fornt look really good) reskin the sides of the building with marine ply, flooring everywhere. So you can see that we are nearly there. many thanks to all who have given their time so far and hope that next year we can work together and have a range to be proud of. Don't forget to let me know if you can come to the Christmas shoot on 5th December
Rosie