Thread: Webley tempest .177 (1980)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

Thumbs up re spares

the spares you require are obtained easily on line fron john knibbs or chambers on line ,some parts are a bit pricey but the service is very good generaly,springwise i only use the best swedish offering by titan[£20] in my fwb which gives full power and long long life as the cheaper ones arent up to the job for a quality hw or fwb; as far as a softer spring ,simply buying the correct spring and removing a coil or two ,but remembering to redress the cut end before reassembly.the fwbs[124/7] are argueably one of the finer spring airifles from the 80s 124 being .177 and 127 the .22 they certainly had weak points but as the song goes to few to mention and if a stablemate for you venerable 77 is required look no further.
    ps for a great ref book at a reasonable price get youself a copy of the latest blue book of airguns ;has a great database of most airguns and approx values plus historys.my local shop supplies full bluing kits at a fair market price www.proteksupplies.co.uk and if you have not cold blued before put a thread up on the bbs collectables for a few hints on this job as it isnt hard but requires an organised and carefull prep.if you go to the above websit there are two hw77 one of which has had the action and barrel highly polished and looks super maybe another option for yours?.the site also has a fully kitted hw100k which is one of the few modern multi shot airguns i would give the time of day for,the reload system is superb only rivaled by airarms in my opinion.
    regards bob.
    Last edited by red bob; 16-02-2010 at 11:43 PM.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,