Thread: Feinwerkbau C55 not legal for competitions?

Feinwerkbau C55 not legal for competitions?

From this page in German:

http://www.druckluftwaffenonline.de/luftpistolen.htm

The translation for the C55 advert says:

"This weapon has been reduced in price, since the tank no longer complies with the new competition rules."

What is it about the tank that makes it non-compliant. Is it more than 50mm wide?

Thanks in advance more info on this.
    I plink therefore I am
    Weihrauch HW100S Air Arms S400 GinB Feinwerkbau C60 Weihrauch HW77K Steyr LP10 Feinwerkbau C55 Brocock Aim-X Gamo Compact Weihrauch HW40 Click here to see my collection

Is it because they now have a 10 Year cylinder life rule?

I think the cylinders are all dated and at ISSF competitions if it is over 10 years old you are not able to use it.

Can the cylinder be replaced for a newer one?

HTH

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Cones View Post
    I think the cylinders are all dated and at ISSF competitions if it is over 10 years old you are not able to use it.
    Hmmm...that's a good call Mark.

I know you can still use them legally outside of competitions but the ISSF can do whatever they want for the rules I suppose.

My LP10 cylinders are dated 06/99 and are the ones without a gauge on the end. So I know that they are out of date and wouldn't cut it in ISSF comps (yeah like that's gonna happen for me!). But I can get new ones or at least more "in date" ones.

Maybe there are no new tanks for C55s?
    Is there an aftermarket accessory?
    I plink therefore I am
    Weihrauch HW100S Air Arms S400 GinB Feinwerkbau C60 Weihrauch HW77K Steyr LP10 Feinwerkbau C55 Brocock Aim-X Gamo Compact Weihrauch HW40 Click here to see my collection

Not sure on the CO2 tanks. The ones on my FWB C10 are dated 1989.

But again it is never going to be used at a competition where is would need to be inspected.

Mark

AFAIK it is the 10 year rule for ISSF comps - can you buy a new cylinder to go with it??
    AAS200T.177 & S510SL .177. FWB P70(diopter), P70 FT(Big Nikko) Steyr LP10, LG110(Big Nikko), LG20(diopter) . The gun is deadly accurate - shame about the user

I can find spare tanks of the same vintage but I am unable to find newly manufactured ones. Although this doesn't mean they do not exist!

If the cylinder age is the only thing that makes it fail scrutineering then I'm happy. I originally thought that it would fail scrutiny due to the pistol being too big or some other impossible to fix error.

If I'm good enough to enter ISSF comps then, to be honest, it would be a pleasure to have this problem.

I have a strong suspicion that I won't need to source new tanks
    I plink therefore I am

Steel cilinders can be retested. Alu one's cant. Many manufacturers nowadays provide new cilinders for old matchguns. For instance walther, for its co2 guns. So wouldnt surprise me FWB does too. Contact them, or check wether yrs is steel and have it retested.
    ATB,
    yana