Thread: 2 pistols, sometimes trigger goes light, hammer doesn't fall with enough weight

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!

2 pistols, sometimes trigger goes light, hammer doesn't fall with enough weight

Morning all,
    I have an Anics Skiff and a Makarov, both have the same problem. The trigger goes limp, and the hammer only seems to go back half the distance, resulting in a mis-fire, not the full charge of co2 is released.

I've a feeling the Mak may need a new leaf spring up the back, but I'm not sure about the (generally troublesome) Skif.

Any clues?
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickpan View Post
    Morning all,
    trigger goes limp Any clues?

Don't worrry Nick, it an age thing.....we all get it from time to time

If it's pistols, I can't help you.

Good luck, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Don't worrry Nick, it an age thing.....we all get it from time to time

If it's pistols, I can't help you.

Good luck, Phil
    No, silly, he's not on about his GUN
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    The Skif will need the sear surfaces at least cleaning & lubing, possibly the metal surfaces cleaning up & polishing.
    The sear vertical surface engages a pin to drive the barrel assembly forward and is pulled down out of engagement as the angled front section slides under a cross pin in the frame - the vertical surface can rust or wear giving unpredictable release.
    The angled front section is often not flat as it's a stamped component.
    If you clean up all the surfaces and reassemble with moly grease you should get a reliable firing point in the cycle.
    With no gas in the gun and an empty mag inserted rapidly pull the trigger to cycle round the mag, if it's not smooth the mag may need a strip/clean/dry lube or scrapping,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    Cheers mate!
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?