Thread: original Mod10 build thread?

original Mod10 build thread?

ive just brought a Model 10 basket case (and i think the basket had a big hole in the bottom) with a view to building a custom pistol and mainly to improve
    my enginering skills.
    I was wondering if anyone would be intreasted in a build thread? its going to involve making replacement parts for the missing bits (main springs, pinion covers ,sights) and some custom built bits to (grips & barrel shroud).
    im happy to post ,my exploits if anyone wants to follow along.

cheers

philip

It sounds like it could be the Original 10 carcass that has changed hands on the AirgunBBS at least three times! I owned it at one point. I looked on it as a rebuild project but concluded that it would be too expensive for me to justify and my engineering skills were not sufficient. If you are going to restore it to health then I would be very interested to see the photos. These are excllent match pistols and it would be good to see it restored to health.

lol yes i suspectit is, only its lost its springs now too!
    its also got some broken teeth on one of the pistons , i think i could repair them , but as ther at the start of the rack it may get away with it.

one of my other problems is the pinion covers (missing) seem to be 14x.5mm not a exactly common thread size!

oh well im always saying how much i like a chalenge

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Get it started, post the ongoing work in progress & see how it goes.
    You never know, you might get some helpful suggestions, the odd spare bit or actual help along the way.
    You won't find out unless you do it
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Thumbs up Mod 10

remmeber where, but did find a thread on a US site where someone did that, try to google it U may come across it atb ...mike...

cheers mickson was it this one? looks realy helpfull.
    http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.co...max-results=20

Thumbs up Blog

Quote Originally Posted by malakiblunt View Post
    cheers mickson was it this one? looks realy helpfull.
    http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.co...max-results=20
    Yeah that's the one found it very helpfull with the 6m & 6g pistols i've owned atb...mike...

yeah it is rely helpfull all though he doesnt do it ,in the coments someone left a link to an excelnt spring makeing page which is just what i need as ill have to make 3! for this pistol.

Always interested in everything reg model 10/6 pistols!
    Anyone happen to know the threadsize of the pinion covers/pinion frame holes?
    ATB,
    yana

hi yes i think ther 14x .5 mm though i dont have the covers and messureing the hole isnt easy!
    ive found a die to suit but its £30 so i want to be certain before i buy it!
    if anyone knows for sure id be greatfull.

The springs can be bought from John Knibbs. I am not sure if he has other parts, though.

Chambers has some parts, and 4komma5.de
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by malakiblunt View Post
    ive just brought a Model 10 basket case (and i think the basket had a big hole in the bottom) with a view to building a custom pistol and mainly to improve
    my enginering skills.
    I was wondering if anyone would be intreasted in a build thread? its going to involve making replacement parts for the missing bits (main springs, pinion covers ,sights) and some custom built bits to (grips & barrel shroud).
    im happy to post ,my exploits if anyone wants to follow along.

cheers

philip
    Hi, I do have these -http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture046.jpg
    http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture005.jpg

I would be willing to sell the Mod 6 if an acceptable valuation is given !
    It looks in very good condition , Excepting a plier mark ?? On one of the covers, & is complete with its own box.

It cocks & shoots fine ( Excepting the pellet doesn,t come out,) Front seal !I guess never get around to it ! The Mod 10 is exceptional, Phosphated finish & shoots VERY well.
    Ged. Just thinking about it ! Put a valuation on all, & for sale !
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 10-04-2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Decided to sell all !

thanks for the Jhon Knibbs lead ill give him a ring on monday, chambers have all the parts listed but none of the important ones in stock! and even if they did
    all the parts come to more than the gun is worth and it still wouldnt be complete!

you can get piston seals from jim maccari in the states $29 for the pair.