Thread: Pellets

Pellets

Hiya guys
    I know it may seem a strange ask for someone who spends all (well ok most) of his time on BBS in this section but I can remember back in 1973 I had just started secondary school and my friend used to bring me tubes of pellets for me to shoot in my Webley Jaguar, They were .177 pellets in an opaque tube with a red cap on either end and each pellet had a machined waist on it , a lot like milbro caledonians with an extra spigot,they came in tubes of 25 as far as I can remember and I was wondering if anyone could identify their origin please
    many thanks in anticipation
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

If you mean twenty-five pellets packed head-to-tail in a .177" bore tube, one thought that occurs is pellets pre-packed in a speedloader to be used with the Gamo repeaters (ASI Paratrooper and Sniper repeaters). The date would certainly be right for them having been introduced, in Spain, although quite when they started to be distributed in this country I don't know - certainly by the late 1970s.

(As I understand it, it is possible to remove completely the magazine tube on these guns for loading, rather than it being fixed in place and pellets inserted one at a time through a loading port.)

Edit - I don't actually know whether Gamo made such a thing, though.

Iain
    Last edited by Iain K D; 15-06-2010 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Extra point added

Yes they were packed nose to tail and the inside diameter of the tube was only just a slack fit on a .177 pellet so it sounds a very good chance,,thanks for your reply
    ATB
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil