Thread: webley service barrel wanted

webley service barrel wanted

Does anyone have or know of a Webley Mk2 service barrel for sale,also has anyone machined a barrel from a different model to make it fit a service rifle.

I don't have one for sale but am always looking.
    I made a blank many years ago but never got round to deep hole drilling and rifling, may finish it one day though.
    The big problem was ( still is? ), the length. I was never able to source one from existing models and still don't know of anything available ( anyone? ).

I have made a .25 'carbine' from a BSA rifled blank, thanks to others from here,
    so that route might be a possible option for you to take. I believe that John Knibbs may be offering replicas for sale again soon?

atb
    Carl

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Yes - join the queue my friend - join the queue.

I made some up twenty or more years ago ? As it was hard to get 25.5" ? long barrel blanks, I used HW 35 Export barrels and welded a section of another barrel onto the end and then machined it down to size. This was then counter bored to "clearway" size, so the true barrel length was 20" or so, the rest being "end tube". I welded a strip along the barrel and machined it to make the "lug", and made the other machining mods nescessary to make them true "look alikes". It was jolly hard work, and I wouldn't do it again. As an aside, I had a rusty Service barrel and took a closer look at it, it was a tube with a barrel insert, but whether or not this was the norm for all barrels, I don't know.

Vic T

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    Yes - join the queue my friend - join the queue.
    Not in the que, as got one now -- take a look at the second link, as above, as I found one, via the BBS, so wanted adverts on here do work. Links above are attached to (a) show that wanted ads can work then, and (b) because there is some info in the first link, about Knibbs etc, which may be of some help ???

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.