Thread: Meteor springs for webleys

Meteor springs for webleys

Ive been told on good authority that a BSA meteor main spring fits into a Webley Hawk Mk3 better than the original. BSA do a range of springs for the different mks of Meteors. Can wiser folk than me tell me which spring would be the one that would fit my Hawk mk3. Cheers.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-oh View Post
    Ive been told on good authority that a BSA meteor main spring fits into a Webley Hawk Mk3 better than the original. BSA do a range of springs for the different mks of Meteors. Can wiser folk than me tell me which spring would be the one that would fit my Hawk mk3. Cheers.
    Any one up to a mk5 should do the job for you. A mk6 wont fit in as its bigger diameter. Regarding a query about hawk mk2 and mk3 parts that are the same, it is only really the trigger,sear,guard, piston + rings,mainspring all pins,cocking arm and screws. However you could interchange the cylinder and barrel/breech block. They are near enough the same gun. Check Chambers website and compare part numbers. I reckon you would do yourself a favour by not fitting the safety and use the sear spring from a Victor instead.I think its part no cs131 on the website but check first.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

springs

You ll do for me. Many thanks