Thread: Honesty!!!!!!!

Honesty!!!!!!!

Since I started shooting HFT in club events and shall we just say the National circuit i was dismayed by,well the lack of honesty in scoring etc.
    This weekend at Redhill Pistol Shoot was an eye opener for myself the course setter and helpers. as we were packing away targets I noticed the obvious which was a target with only one pellet mark on the kill zone. Now it could be argued that 2 pellets struck the identical spot, possible,you may think.
    As it happened the Inspector Morse in me looked at all the score sheets and it is true to say only one shooter had noted down the kill.
    A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE PISTOLEERS AT REDHILL REVOLVERS FOR INSTALLING THE FAITH BACK IN SHOOTING WITH YOUR ABSOLUTE HONESTY AND MAKING ALL THE HARD WORK WORTH WHILE WITH YOUR UPBEAT EASY GOING LIVELY BANTER.

Steve P

I fail to see the point in saying you have killed a target when you haven't.
    I ultimately shoot to beat my personal best and if that score beats others then its a bonus.......Bob1 holds the course record for aided sights but whats the record for open sights and by whom?
    Last edited by ikarma70; 08-08-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    did you get ya wig sorted Steve?
    Hi Andy I thought the pic would be everywhere by now Rab C Nesbit eat your heart out

Steve

I fail to see the point in saying you have killed a target when you haven't.
    I ultimately shoot to beat my personal best and if that score beats others then its a bonus.......Bob1 holds the course record for aided sights but whats the record for open sights and by whom?
    Hi Andy again!! Now you are testing me so i popped upstairs to check and at the gala Sol took the course record for open sights with a 44.
    I think you are chomping at his heals as your scores have gone up from the last shoot 38 to this weekends 41.
    Its only a matter of time till you touch top!!
    Congrats on winning the MPS

Steve

Bob. is offline I think I'll keep with "Registered User" then
    Quote Originally Posted by steve prime View Post
    Since I started shooting HFT in club events and shall we just say the National circuit i was dismayed by,well the lack of honesty in scoring etc.
    This weekend at Redhill Pistol Shoot was an eye opener for myself the course setter and helpers. as we were packing away targets I noticed the obvious which was a target with only one pellet mark on the kill zone. Now it could be argued that 2 pellets struck the identical spot, possible,you may think.
    As it happened the Inspector Morse in me looked at all the score sheets and it is true to say only one shooter had noted down the kill.
    A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE PISTOLEERS AT REDHILL REVOLVERS FOR INSTALLING THE FAITH BACK IN SHOOTING WITH YOUR ABSOLUTE HONESTY AND MAKING ALL THE HARD WORK WORTH WHILE WITH YOUR UPBEAT EASY GOING LIVELY BANTER.

Steve P
    Which was the target that only had one kill? I'd originally thought it was the one in the tree (non-swinging), as I don't think any in our group got that one, but then I had another go at it when we'd finished the comp, and I got it with the first shot!!

Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1 View Post
    Which was the target that only had one kill? I'd originally thought it was the one in the tree (non-swinging), as I don't think any in our group got that one, but then I had another go at it when we'd finished the comp, and I got it with the first shot!!

Bob.
    Bob, peg 13 in the cradle ,one hit on the kill. Yours was the only card with a 2 on it. So why did you not hit it the second time??? I bet it was WIND!!!!!!!!

Steve

Bob, peg 13 in the cradle ,one hit on the kill. Yours was the only card with a 2 on it. So why did you not hit it the second time??? I bet it was WIND!!!!!!!!

Steve
    Or maybe a complete fluke the first time

Steve
    Bob Fartings by name,Bob Fartings by nature

Bob Fartings by name,Bob Fartings by nature
    I could see that kept you amused all day Andy.........GROW UP!

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Steve P
    Don't around over this mate!.......speak to a marshall if you see it happen again.......can't stand cheats!!! seriously, this needs stamping out.

ATB.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Don't around over this mate!.......speak to a marshall if you see it happen again.......can't stand cheats!!! seriously, this needs stamping out.

ATB.

Roy.
    Couldnt agree more Roy and unless you have a marshall on each peg watching, listening and scoring it will be a problem for some time to come.It happens in all sports and its a shame when honest people are beaten by the dishonest, you feel a lot better though when as a honest person you win.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    I saw this a lot when I played golf. I tried to bring up instances of cheating but the committee always erred on the side of caution and let these go. I know because I was on the committee, weak willed muppets I quit in the end because of this. The people in charge of these events need to take these people to task without worrying about upsetting someone's fragile ego. The cheats are a minority but they all appear to be surrounded by sycophantic supporters.

OK rant over
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it