Thread: Hi and rating chart

Hi and rating chart

Hi,

I shot spring rifles .177 for many years and, after a long spell, now am using a spring .22.

Also, I am considering the purchase of a PCP .177 air rifle and found the many different options very difficult to choose from. I have look on the forum but not found (may be my search skills, or the lack of them) a rated system, where people could enter their like and dislike comments, and their rates (1 to 5 stars) for the air guns they have had experience with. This would really help people when looking to acquire new equipment. If this is already on the forum web site, please, direct me to it; otherwise, shall we start building it?

Regards,

Berrea

timmaaah is offline I'm starting to like my arse!
    First, hello and welcome

Interesting idea, but a gun that would perfectly suit a target shooter would be useless for a hunter, and vice-versa!

There's also budget to consider, plus power options, such as spring/ram/pcp/co2

Your best bet would be to put a post in Airgun asking what guns people would recommend. Remember to put what type you would like to get (spring/pcp etc), what kind of shooting you want to do (hunting/target/plinking) and most importantly budget.

You should get a few pointers to help out

Thanks for your reply.

With the production and adequate looking after of a reliable database (for all types of air rifles), overtime, the need to keep on asking and/or having to search through a network of search results, would become redundant, as the information would be readily available all in one place.

Initially the database would need to be build up and thereafter it should be self maintained. All it is needed is enough people to support the idea and, more importantly, some dedicated people to set it up; once set up, forum members will only have to write their comments, likes and dislikes, and rate the air gun; this would only need to be done once and not several times or until people get bored of answering the same question time after time.

Once, if at all needed, after the initial search has produced a short list, it may be time to ask for help in making the final decision.

In case someone feels offended, I am just expressing an opinion on something I see very useful, which could benefit us all, and am not trying to start any strong arguments in my first post. If anybody agrees, just say so, as keeping quiet would not develop the suggested idea.