Thread: CP 99 Compact

Unhappy CP 99 Compact

Hi guys I quite fancied a cp 99 compact to take part in ipas and police pistol. I really like blowback pistols and thought this would be perfect, so I contacted my usual RFD and was told they don't stock this pistol anymore.
    They said that it had been a good seller but the reason they don't stock it is that they had more than half of the pistols returned faulty. They also said that it was a shame as it was a nice pistol.
    Has anyone else heard this ?? or had any experience of the pistol good or bad. Maybe it was just a bad batch.

atb

Bill
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

Exclamation 99?

Iv'e owned 2 of these & never had a problem maybe its the more modern batches!!...mike...

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Well I didn't have any problems with mine. If someone had tried to use lead BBs instead of steel that may have caused a problem. It's a cracking little pistol. My local RFD won't stock any blow back pistols because he says they're more trouble than they're worth, go figure

On the negative side you wouldn't be able to use it for IPAS as the BBs rebound too much to make it safe.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Cheers guys Hmmm might have been a bad batch, I thought you could use lead bbs as long as they were a loose fit in the mag.
    AA S200T 10m , HW100T, Cometa 220, Diana 27, Original Mod 6, Gamo compact+center, Rohm twinmaster Top, S&W 586/4+6+8, Berretta 92 airsoft, Blinged crossman 2240, CP88 4", CO2 Uzi 6mm, Air arms Alfa proj .177, Drulov DU10 .177, HW 99s, Hammarelli AP20pro

I bought one a couple of months ago and it is really good.
    I have reservations about the co2 loading system though.
    You turn the bottom of the grip to open, screw the capsule in and turn the grip to power.Simples- no it isnt because your capsule isnt pierced and you have to try again. Then you turn it the wrong way and forget where you are.
    Then you get annoyed and break it!
    This happened to at least two Cp99s I know of-pellet version.
    I am wary of it and take care and so far so good.
    Otherwise well made and good fun.