Thread: Brummie .22 Longbow wanted

Brummie .22 Longbow wanted

Left or right handed, must be excellent condition and must be original Birmingham model
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by baz View Post
    Left or right handed, must be excellent condition and must be original Birmingham model
    Join the queue Baz.

Looks like they've been discovered now!!

Maybe we should start a Longbow club and buy them all up to provide a One Stop Longbow Shop!!

Good luck with your quest my friend!

David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Longbow

Think the .22's shoot better than the .177's having a Webley venom Longbow in .177 amd a v-mach tuned longbow in .22. By the way Topdog now owns all the Bham made longbows webley produced...Good luck with finding one, when you do, get v-mach to tune it for you. Simpley amazing.

Regards
    Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Think the .22's shoot better than the .177's having a Webley venom Longbow in .177 amd a v-mach tuned longbow in .22. By the way Topdog now owns all the Bham made longbows webley produced...Good luck with finding one, when you do, get v-mach to tune it for you. Simpley amazing.

Regards
    Mach 1.5
    Er thanks but I wont need Venom to tune it

I already have a .177 Longbow tuned and fitted in a GINB stock which I will not part with, I have owned just about every springer ever made and tuned many, much as I like HWs and AA break barrels I think the Longbow is the best combination or size weight and quality of the lot, finish is far better than the HW95 or AA

These little rifles just ooze quality, simple to tune, the safety is a pleasure to use (they copied FWB which was a good thing to do), accuracy is second to none and best of all they were made in England

A good mate of mine has fallen in love with my LB and has asked me to find him one in .22

Of course anyone thinking of selling one should ignore all the above comments, they are junk and you should sell it
    Baz

I have owned just about every springer ever made and tuned many, much as I like HWs and AA break barrels I think the Longbow is the best combination or size weight and quality of the lot, finish is far better than the HW95 or AA

These little rifles just ooze quality, simple to tune, the safety is a pleasure to use (they copied FWB which was a good thing to do), accuracy is second to none and best of all they were made in England
    Same here. Shot/owned most, Longbow is overall the best sub 12 ft/lb BB ever made.

... much as I like HWs and AA break barrels ...
    Excuse me if I'm being thick, but what break barrel rifles did / do AA make...?

Methinks I may be missing out on something!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by pmcb View Post
    Excuse me if I'm being thick, but what break barrel rifles did / do AA make...?

Methinks I may be missing out on something!
    Pro Elite, not made anymore, basicaly made for FAC usage but still shoots well under 12 ftp.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Thumbs up I told anyone who would listen for years just how good the Longbow is

I wish I'd had the money to keep mine, as good as or better than any regular production spring rifle ever made in my opinion and better looking than all of em.

.22 Longbows

I agree that the (B'ham) Longbows are about as good as it gets but see these opinions come and go. How long until another spinger is being talked of as the best sub 12 bb?

I can't see me changing my mind on this one though. Handling, accuracy and looks are rarely so well combined.
    Last edited by frazier; 13-12-2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: (B'ham)

Wink

Er thanks but I wont need Venom to tune it

I already have a .177 Longbow tuned and fitted in a GINB stock which I will not part with, I have owned just about every springer ever made and tuned many, much as I like HWs and AA break barrels I think the Longbow is the best combination or size weight and quality of the lot, finish is far better than the HW95 or AA

A good mate of mine has fallen in love with my LB and has asked me to find him one in .22

Of course anyone thinking of selling one should ignore all the above comments, they are junk and you should sell it
    And that Baz, just about says it all! Nothing to add, just full agreement!

At least we know where the nice ones will be!

ATVB
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

Baz, you have a PM, mate
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Thanks for that Craig

My mate has already found a brand new one in the box at local shop! And he got it for £275

Unfortunately there were no more bargains sitting in the corner
    Baz