Thread: The " Bay " & Prices ?

The " Bay " & Prices ?

Hi, it makes you think when you look at the prices of older gun spares & parts on the " Bay "
    Like many members on here, I like the old stuff,
    However ! They allways sell on here, & Often at very low prices ,

give a couple of examples :
    I had for sale an Original Mod 6 pistol in very good condition
    £60 posted ,
    ( It needed resealing ) No intrest !

I had for sale 2, Barrels ( Hw 80 & 35 ) £20-£30 posted <
    In average condition, HW 80 with silencer adapter to 1/2 inch Etc, 35, Threaded 1/2 inch , Only at the last minute was I offered £20 posted.

Another one was a Relum tornado or Telly stock for £20 posted , He said it was too dear ! Was it ? Postage is a Fiver ,

There are a couple of barrels on now ! Lets see what they fetch,
    Only a couple of days ago, I saw an Original Mod 6, rear sight sell for £42 + post ????????

I have had & done MANY good/fair deals on here ,
    I just thought I would have a Whinge ( Alongside my mate, A litre of scotch for under £12 from Lidl,s ) Ha ha,
    What do you think ? & More importantly , Where are prices going , Both on here & The BIG world ( The Bay ) More Ice darling Ha ha, Ged.

I think the bay is open to a far wider number of potential buyers than the BBS. Prices always seem to be higher on the bay than on here, however I really hate seeing guns broken and sold as spares. My prediction is that we will see more and more of it happening as original spare parts get scarcer and scarcer

Of course also to be considered is the "bay" won't allow the sale of complete air weapons, so selling the parts seems to get round this issue. What really annoys me is paypal have no issue with paying for these purchases (I bought a Weihrauch foresight last week for £20.00) , but woe betide you if you use paypal externally to pay for a complete weapon!!!!!!!!!! Talk about hypocrites!

A Litre of "Scottish wine"....

You behave yourself tonight Mr.Ged........

Quote Originally Posted by hwvixen View Post
    You behave yourself tonight Mr.Ged........
    Ha ha, Thanks for that mate, !
    As lakey say,s , Its a shame for guns to be broken up, But the point I was making was, In Parts they sell & Also many old guns have parts missing,

I have 2, Webley Mk 111,s Laying idly in the garage, A friend of mine recently sold one complete for £80, ( He couldn,t get a sale on here )
    Relums/Parts , They are better in the loft in this market ? ( I do like them though )

All now in storage,

So, The dilemma is, If I needed to sell them & Attain the best price, " Break it " IE Stock, Sights, piston etc,
    Also the " Bay" Has a FULL Audience , Good or bad , Things sell, I have both bought & Sold a number of items on there, " Hic " Ha ha,

Cheers, Ged

Hic away matey..hic away...

I'm almost matching you tonight...

The "Bay" certainly has it's place..cause as it's been said it's global...

As a frequent user of both this forum and the 'bay' I would add a word of caution on these 'sold' items. Recently I was looking for a set of wheels for my car and having done my research I knew what they should sell for. Now on the 'bay' some sets seemed to reach huge money. However they were later relisted or I received '2nd chance' offers from the seller stating he did not trust the winning bidder!! In the end I brought a set for the right money from a guy locally who posted on a car forum. I am not saying that some items are not being brought at the sold amount, particularly some rare stuff, however I would just be a touch cautious when bidding.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Hi Guys,

There is little doubt that e-Bay has its place, you can source things on here that you would have great trouble obtaining from elsewhere!
    It seems very obvious that people do not do their 'homework' before bidding on something on e-Bay, they can often bid higher for something secondhand than they can buy it new for is one example. Another is someone bidding higher on an item than the seller has for sale at a buy it now price in their e-Bay shop -it always makes me giggle!

Airsporterman