Thread: Holts Auction 16th December

Holts Auction 16th December

Hi, I attended the Holts Auction back in June as I hoped to pick up a final series Titan Air Pistol that was in the sale. I thought the estimated prices were definately on the hign side then, but items either went for the upper end of the estimate or didn't sell. The Titan was not the best and in particular the grips were severely warped. I seem to remember the hammer went down at around £400.00 so roughly £500 with commission. Anyway they have what looks like a very nice boxed pre-war straight grip Senior in the next sale together with sample pellet box, literature & a tin of wasps. The estimates this time seem very low this one being £100 -£150.00. Given that the whole should be worth more than the sum of the parts I would have estimated £200 - £300.00 so maybe
    just over £400.00 with commission. Anybody think this would be too much?

Yes..too much imo.

Holts Auction

Went to one of the viewing days today.

Yes that Senior is the best airgun there, most of the other looked like they'd been in a barn.

And the Webley Mk1 Rifle, what can I say.

Hi Coburn,

Out of interest...how would you rate the Mk.1 rifle..? What's it's guide price?

Holts

I'd say the MK1 was poor condition, surface rust in several places, the barrel pivot screw was a non original pin, stock was split for about 2" from where it joined the action and loose. Guide is £100 to £150.

I nwas a bit disappointed by the airguns at this sale, there was a reasonable Sheridan Silver Streak and some OK pre war BSA's but not much else of interest.

It was a different story with the firearms and shotguns, some top stuff there.

Thanks Coburn...i've since been on the website..do we get to know what things went for..?

Holts

Yes they post the final prices after the sale. Guide price is no indication of what things sell for there though.