Thread: Hi I'm new too this!

Hi I'm new too this!

I was referred to this site by a work colleague and since joining only a day ago have already found it very useful, anybody got any good tips on basic air rifle use as I'm new to this, iv brought myself a gamo cfx 30 underlever but have decided after a month I want a pcp air rifle. Any opinions on which pcp to go for?

hi and welcome to the site

HI

HI mate what sort of shooting will you be doing?Their are so many different rifles but if its going to be your first pcp then i cant recomend an air arms s410/s400 more strongly, for the money you you get a top performing gun and in my experience they wont let you down.However I've just bought a new brockock contoure and if you think you will preffer a lighter more compact rifle then have a serious look at one as its fast becoming my new best friend when on long rabbit stalking sessions..
    good luck...sss410

If you haven't joined a club yet, best do so. There will be all sorts of rifles there and you will be bound to be allowed to try members rifles. See what fits you, what weight suits you, etc. Just don't do what I did and keep walking into gun shops with your credit card!

Everyone will have an opinion what to advise a new starter to try first, but the Air Arms S400 is still very popular, and a cracking starter rifle. If budgets are tight, there are often plenty of them available second-hand.

I sarted with a S200 but it felt a bit small, very quickly. Then I got a S400 which I had for a long time. But best if you can try out as many as possible before you part with your money.

Andy

I looking for local club at the moment, my friend shoots a .177 s410 air arms with multi shot and I have too say it feels a lovely bit of kit, would you recommend a pcp rifle then? P.s thanks for the reply

deano is offline Crack!.......Wheeee........Thup
    hi and welcome along, PCP is certainly an option, but there are many who are happy with a self contained unit like you have already.

it's down to personal preference really, the initial outlay for a PCP is much higher, as charging gear is required.

personally i would just join the local club, have a while playing with the rifle you have, ask if you might be able to have a try of a club members PCP and see what you think from there.

ATB

To sss410 is the contour a multishot?

hi and welcome

Tristang2000

In reply to your question, yes.

Don't muck about with a springer, get a pcp. People often say you will learn how to shoot properly with a springer and then move on to a pcp. But that's like saying you will learn to drive a car properly if yours doesn't have abs and power steering! Especially when the price is often very similar, as well. Go for it, mate.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by unclebod62 View Post
    Tristang2000

In reply to your question, yes.

Don't muck about with a springer, get a pcp.

Good luck.
    Many people prefer springers, including me. I wouldnt call it mucking around. Each to their own.

OP
    Maybe if you had a nicer spring gun than the gamo you would find that they can be just as good as pcp and more fun with a lot less faffing about with filling gear.

good luck whatever you choose