Thread: bsaLincoln Jeffries ser no 1453

bsaLincoln Jeffries ser no 1453

I have the chance to buy a Lincoln Jeffries SER NO: 1453 good working order all complete, anyone a idea of its age and value?

Thanks Neil

guess without photos

The rifle sounds like it is a first batch Lincoln Jefferies,depends if it is a dealer or private sale. My guess if it is a private sale and not having seeing it I would think £250-300, someone might be along in a bit to say more as it is one of the first to be produced. Photos really help with accurate valuations. Sound interesting all the best. Caddy.

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    I have recently bought a 1907, 6th production batch BSA in good full working condition that shoots beautifully for £120. And earlier an improved Mod D a wee bit later in date for the same amount in excellent condition . Although have seen them with asking prices varying from £200 to £350 recently. And in no better condition than my recent purchases. I think a lot on here would be very interested to see a good few piccies of this rifle if you are lucky enough to get it. I'd love a Lincoln Jefferies to add to my early BSA's.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops

lincoln jefferies

I think its a improved modle B
    but only have a picture by text (not too clear), so will keep you informed to the out come, thanks for your replys

Neil

Red face

Hi,

It's not long ago that I purchased a superb 7th batch Lincoln Jefferies and this was no where near £200.00 I think that the the later Lincolns are the best because they are Improved Mod D's with Lincoln Jefferies attributes ...Thinner and more slender Stock and the odd special bit's that are Lincoln Jefferies Patent's ...Above all they seem to shoot well..and seem more air tight around the tap...It is dependant on what you want to pay, and what seems a fair price. These in general seem static and quite low to realist's...I have seen real nails and poor examples by comparison that shops and other people seem seem to want to command..very large price tag's..I have just bought a nice Improved Mod with about 50% remaining blue and no rust or metal moth,it does have more than a few issues..It was very cheap about the price you would be willing to pay for a good Stock...The Main problem you can expect from these old guns....Is they are addictive .......

Regard's

Lockstock...
    Last edited by inproved; 21-02-2011 at 06:51 PM. Reason: typing error

may have been over zelous

Here are some pictures of a 2nd batch "H the lincoln Jefferies Rifle" serial number 2268.

These early "H the lincoln" ones are a bit rarer hence my possibly over zelous estimate based on 1453 serial number. You certainly can pick them up for around £150-200 but normally they are the later ones.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...n/DSC_1367.jpg

Even if the photos you have are poor it might be possible to id what type it is by the trigger guard, loading tap etc.

Caddy.

Hope this works ? If not anyone know what i have done wrong?

Please see below for the pic of the BSA LJ Regards Neil

www.flickr.com/photos/neilledger/5474725352

If your serial number is 1453, it is a First batch BSA Air Rifle (Lincoln Jeffries Patent) made Sept - Dec 1905 and despatched from the factory in that year. Value could be anything from £100 at auction up to £200 private depending on condition and originality IMHO.
    atb
    dogsbody

Yes the link works fine Neil
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

bsa lincoln jeffries ser no 1453

If it helps any, I bought ser no 1570 made in the same batch in 1905 just five weeks ago. Rifle was in good working order but far from mint with rearsight missing. I was very happy to pay £150 for it privately. It shoots superbly.