Thread: Hi newby here and just returned to airguns.

Hi newby here and just returned to airguns.

So hello all I'm a London shooter had a few rifles and a gammo pistol in the past,just sold the pistol and put the money towards a Airsporter BSA mk7 I believe carbine.
    It seems a bit heavy after my Weihrauch hw57 but has a good clean action thanks to the former owner tuning it with a ox or titan spring and relavant seals etc lubed up and greased profficiently.
    I had a few 5.5mm threw it then got the wasp 5.6 which seem to do the trick, I found a small allen bolt so yep turned that a bit made the trigger less sensative now it is clearly 2 stage a gentle click then squeeze to fire.
    In the garden so far 25/30ft best threeshot group 10p size good therapy as giving up smoking and nice to shoot again all that fresh air!

Update.

Quote Originally Posted by toby007 View Post
    So hello all I'm a London shooter had a few rifles and a gammo pistol in the past,just sold the pistol and put the money towards a Airsporter BSA mk7 I believe carbine.
    It seems a bit heavy after my Weihrauch hw57 but has a good clean action thanks to the former owner tuning it with a ox or titan spring and relavant seals etc lubed up and greased profficiently.
    I had a few 5.5mm threw it then got the wasp 5.6 which seem to do the trick, I found a small allen bolt so yep turned that a bit made the trigger less sensative now it is clearly 2 stage a gentle click then squeeze to fire.
    In the garden so far 25/30ft best threeshot group 10p size good therapy as giving up smoking and nice to shoot again all that fresh air!
    Now a few days and many shots later I think the trigger of my BSA Airsporter mk7 carbine is not adjustable the small allen bolt just locks the trigger when screwed in???
    Anyway with a little practice can now manage 10mm three shot group on a good day and looking forward to trying greater distances, the spring turns out to be a titan Phew did'nt like the thought of the square ox chewing up my chamber...
    Treated myself to a Theoben Evo and a Niko sterling scope which adjusts down to 10 meters Making garden practice a lot less fuzzy!
    Seems a bit easier to group, but just goes to show how good the Airsporter is as over this distance not a lot in it, I guess it must have been the mutts nut's in it's day I can appreciate why it's collectable now.
    Happy shooting!!!

hi and welcome

A very warm welcome to this fine forum it’s good to have you join us ………………