Thread: Old V New style Umarex magazines, whats the difference?

Old V New style Umarex magazines, whats the difference?

Hello chaps, how does one differentiate between the older a newer F92/CP88 magazines?

Ta in advance.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    My older ones are dull, the newer ones are still shiny,
    I can't see any other differences.
    Are we talking about a specific changeover date?
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    My older ones are dull, the newer ones are still shiny,
    I can't see any other differences.
    Are we talking about a specific changeover date?
    ATB,
    Nick
    There are two different styles Nick, one just has the indexing teeth, the other has a raised section with less prominent teeth.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    If there is a change, it's very subtle. I haven't noticed anything in the recent deliveries of pistols and spare mags at work.

The only variation that I'm aware of was the presence of a ring where the teeth are.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    If there is a change, it's very subtle. I haven't noticed anything in the recent deliveries of pistols and spare mags at work.

The only variation that I'm aware of was the presence of a ring where the teeth are.
    Exactly. I'm under the impression that this is the latest variation, but i could be wrong.
    IIRC, there was a problem with one of the variations, in so far as the teeth wore out quicker?

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    I'll have a close look at me bits when I get in
    I've seen the variation described and assumed it was an older one that came with my Umarex-Walther-Winchester Carbine, the mags I bought last year don't have it,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    I'll have a close look at me bits when I get in
    Dirty boy!.

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    Exactly. I'm under the impression that this is the latest variation, but i could be wrong.
    IIRC, there was a problem with one of the variations, in so far as the teeth wore out quicker?
    The mags with the ring have been about for years, Made by RWS if I recall correctly.

I had one customer who had a Umarex Winchester rifle which was a swine for wearing out the teeth on a non- ring mag but was fine with the ring type mags.
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    The mags with the ring have been about for years, Made by RWS if I recall correctly.

I had one customer who had a Umarex Winchester rifle which was a swine for wearing out the teeth on a non- ring mag but was fine with the ring type mags.
    This is what i've been led to believe. Although the teeth are less prominent on the ring mags it seems they wear better.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I used to use both in my 1911 and never had any problems with either...