Thread: As requested by ggggr (Guy) Gun identification please.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Total length of gun is 100cm and barrel about 45 cm. This is what I did with it.
    Punchsteve told me the gun was missing the butt plate and the trigger adjusting screw and would probably need a new piston washer and mainspring (dodgy lot these mods). Anyhow I tried to fire it and it took a couple of shots to clear the pellet. I noticed the barrel sagged a little as well so thought a new breech seal would be in order. I undid the barrel pivot lock nut, which has two flats on it for a spanner, and took the barrel off and then picked the breech seal out of the cylinder face. It came easy because it was rotted.I fitted a new breech washer. Interesting to note that there was a boss from the tranfer port to help keep the washer in shape. Basic stripdown and lube. The piston washer was a plain leather one rather than a cup washer. The mainspring was not great but decided to use it again to see if the breech seal had made a difference. The bearing surfaces of the piston appear to be pinned to the piston and the piston rod could unscrew. The trigger pin was a tapered pin (bugger to shift) and there was a cock up thing to locate the trigger spring to. guess it should be another tapered pin in from the back of the trigger housing but it was a little screw pushed in with a bit of gunge to hold it. I superglued it in for now but if it comes loose will sort something else out. The stock was worn next to where the locating dowel on the trigger housing goes so I glued in a bit of wood and again a better job may be done if needed. It shoots ok with the old spring in it. The trigger feels ok so I wont bother with an adjuster screw but will keep an eye on the piston rod turning. I noticed the point of impact shifted and the barrel lock nut was coming undone so put a washer under the nut and loctited it. The gun shoots high and right and I may have to live with that as the basic sights seem rusted solid (plus gas on the rearsight now to try to ease it). Actually quite a well made little gun. Steve offered me my money back if there were any problems with the gun but I could not really say that there was anything wrong with it, just small problems to work round. Thanks for putting up the pics Steve----AND a nice little gun
    Last edited by ggggr; 01-06-2011 at 09:20 AM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"