Thread: Fitting a Scope to a 300S and 601.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for your help and thoughts - I have never had a scope on a rifle before, but after reading "Successful Rifle Shooting" by David Parish where it suggested good use could be made of a scope to help with some aspects of match shooting techniques I thought I would buy one and give it a try.

To be honest, I always fancied trying a scope so this gave me the slightest of excuses to find the most suitable one to fit my 300S so I can have a "play". I think I had best forget about fitting one to my 601 as it does not seem like it will be practical.

I can understand the comments about choosing a shorter scope to avoid blocking the access to the loading port on the 300S, and it looks like the one fitted to Marks 300S is about as long as it would be practical to go ( what is that scope? - it looks good).

No cash has been spent yet, so if anyone has any specific types ( or magnification sizes) they have found works well on this rifle please let me know.
    Last edited by zooma; 14-08-2011 at 10:18 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.