Thread: Silencer for Airsporter Mk5

Mattockswinga is offline A bit generous with the inch estimate....... as usual

Silencer for Airsporter Mk5

Hi,

Is it possible to fit a silencer - via UNF adaptor or push on - to a Mk5 Airsporter? Looking at it I cant see how I would get the foresight off though Chambers diagram makes it look as though it is held on by a screw, mine seems to be a solid unit, part of the barrel.

Just wondering

Chris
    B&C Weihrauch HW99s .22 3-9X40

Quote Originally Posted by Mattockswinga View Post
    Hi,

Is it possible to fit a silencer - via UNF adaptor or push on - to a Mk5 Airsporter? Looking at it I cant see how I would get the foresight off though Chambers diagram makes it look as though it is held on by a screw, mine seems to be a solid unit, part of the barrel.

Just wondering

Chris
    Hi, I have one ! ( Adapter & Silencer )

I think its a 1980,s , Gallway Whisperer ? It fits around the front sight & Is held on with a grub screw , Fits Mercury/Meteor/ Etc, Probably Airsporter, ( I know if the barrel size is same on this ? )
    £30 Posted, ( Ps , Its empty )

aha

Ooooh I like that...

You have a PM

Chris

Ooooh I like that...

You have a PM

Chris
    Hi, He has asked me about it being empty & will it fit an Airsporter ? The silencer has nothing inside !,
    I posted it & Pics of an advert a few years ago,

Can any of the experts help , As regards Airsporter barrel size, As opposed to the break barrels which it fits, Any info at all !!! & Even the original maker,

Thanks in anticipation, !!!!! Ged

Airsporter barrel dia

According to my Moore &Wright the mk4 &mk6 have a barrel dia of 607 thou.
    HTH Crowbar

Hi,

Just wondering

Chris
    Hi,

The fore sight is removed by first drifting out a very small rolled pin that holds the blade in, it might be hidden in the groove for the foresight protector?
    That in it's turn allows access to a screw holding the foresight assembly to the barrel.

& by a very long coincidence I was just looking at slip on adapters to 1/2"unf male. It was an ad in Air Gunner magazine by Michael Tawn:
    http://www.tawnadoairguns.com/adapters.php

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Hi, He has asked me about it being empty & will it fit an Airsporter ? The silencer has nothing inside !,
    I posted it & Pics of an advert a few years ago,

Can any of the experts help , As regards Airsporter barrel size, As opposed to the break barrels which it fits, Any info at all !!! & Even the original maker,

Thanks in anticipation, !!!!! Ged
    This was the original advert !
    http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8153/dscf3982o.jpg

Cheers Ged.

Does anyone know the exact barrel diameter, in mm, of an airsporter mk5 in .22?

Lots of the UNF adaptors appear to be either to the mm or the half mm, I wouldnt want to buy one and find I was half a mm out due to dodgy measuring lol

Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    This was the original advert !
    http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/8153/dscf3982o.jpg

Cheers Ged.
    " Withdrawn "
    Hiya mate, Bsa never made anything in metric ( I think )
    All the sizes are in imperial ( I have just measured the Silencer & Adapter) Its, .611, Imperial & it fits a Meteor Mk1 to a tee !

These are 30 + years old , All the best, Ged.

Whoever had this gun before me thought it would be fun to spotweld the front sight on then spray it black, thought it looked odd.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Best thing with the Airsporter is to reduce the twang and thump of its action, always alot louder than the pellet leaving the barrel. I'm going to have a go at longstroking my Airsporter 'S' when I have some time off, I'll let you know how I get on.

Whoever had this gun before me thought it would be fun to spotweld the front sight on then spray it black, thought it looked odd.
    Kinell! I might find it fun to just cut off the end off the barrel, & start from scratch..?

Just a thought, but if you actually took about 7 inches off the barrel, then fitted a silencer, you would end up with a silenced Airsporter having the same proportions as the original gun, which is one of it's strong points for me - perfect proportions & appearance?

& you will also have invented an underlever Lightning?

Regards

I would like to know how a plastic sight was welded to a steel barrel?????