Thread: which one?newbie

which one?newbie

hello all fellow shooters,yes i am back ,after a very long lay off..am looking to get a decent springer,am thinking hw75,hw95,have got about 250 to spend,do i have to worry about HW butchering springs,,the tx200 ,,i'm sure, can anyone give me impartial advice,many thanks in advance

Welcome to the bbs.

HW75 is a pistol. HW fixed the butchered spring issue about this time last year, so you shouldn't have concerns in a new gun.

After 4 posts you'll get sales section access which is a good place to look given your budget.

Ask a few questions/browse the General Airgun section or even better get to a club and try a few different models out. Having some idea of what you intend using the airgun for will narrow the search.

ATB.

hi and welcome

I had a TX200hc and it was a great bit of kit

Mr Magoo is offline Should Have Gone to SecsPavers
    Good Morning and Welcome to the BBS.

Have you had the chance to try out many spring powered air rifles, such as down at your local club rather than just holding one in a shop?.

Over the years I have owned a number of different Springers in both .177 and .22 calibre, namely:-

AA TX200 HC.
    AA TX200.
    AA Pro Sport.

HW77
    HW95
    HW97
    HW98

My personal favourites from the above list were the TX200HC and the HW95.

Good Luck.

many thanks to your replies,am looking for a decent springer rifle,with an ability to take rabbits,(i do enjoy a good rabbit casserole) It seems to be AAtx200,or hw..various,i do prefer a break barrel,,oh and i am left handed,well i squeeze trigger with my left hand..(does that make me left handed in air rifle life?).have seen the HW's cheek pieces dont look like they will get in the way if a am abit cacky handed..any replies more than welcome,,thanks again all
    Last edited by hammo; 02-11-2011 at 11:40 PM. Reason: just getting confused with all the models

TX200 all the way, I have a MK3 and a hunter carbine which will be up for sale shortly

Yep, that makes you a leftie.

AA stocks do tend to proper righthanders, making them difficult to use for we lefties, although not impossible. Nick Murphy is one of the top spring gun shooters in Field Target and uses a TX200 with RH stock.

HW springers are easily used LH or RH.

Don't discount the HW95 and HW99 break barrel springers, they are very capable hunting rifles.