Thread: Anschutz sights ?

Anschutz sights ?

Hello,
    I bought a nice Anschutz 335 from "Red Bob" (master bell target maker) off here earlier this week, it has no open sights.
    I have looked around the web but without success so far. I believe that the 335 came fitted with a Williams type aperture rear sight in some versions and that all versions had a globe type foresight with a neat spring loaded insert changing device.
    My first question is does anyone have any idea where I might obtain sights for this rifle ? I have looked on E gun but I have no idea how to use the site properly so any help in that direction would be much appreciated
    Finally what could I use as an alternative ? Would Weirauch sights fit the 335 ? Or as a last resort I have seen some cheap plastic target sights made for the Air Arms S200 would they do at a pinch ? I do love shooting with open sights but if I can't get any I will probably use one of my nice tidy Whitetail Classic 1.5-5x20 scopes on it for now.
    Thanks for looking gentlemen any advise much appreciated...Dave...

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Hi Dave, I have a REARSIGHT from a 335 but I was going to fit it to my old Meteor as it is such a great sight. However, I will have a look and see if I can fit another type of rearsight and then maybe I can sell it to you. The foresight might be a bit of a problem but you can possibly fit one of Proteks FWB front sights inbetween times. Let me have a rummage.

The front sight looks like a generic unit, unlike the rear sight, as fitted to many german guns.

If you can measure the dovetails I'll have a look to see if I have anything, and whether it's the same as an HW unit. It appears to be having looked on the Anschutz website for the 1981 and 1993 versions.

The gamo unit as used on the S200, is ok but I wouldn't recommend one for a general use gun. I have one and the build quality is cheap/average, it doesn't feel robust and the rear aperture is rather small for anything other that paper punching.

The other option is a Williams receiver sight. Again I've have one with a blade (regular notch) for a project that didn't happen. Well made, low profile and can be adjusted to fit all airgun dovetails. It's on p.10 of the Williams Catalogue, here. I can take some photos on an HW if that appeals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Hi Dave, I have a REARSIGHT from a 335 but I was going to fit it to my old Meteor as it is such a great sight. However, I will have a look and see if I can fit another type of rearsight and then maybe I can sell it to you. The foresight might be a bit of a problem but you can possibly fit one of Proteks FWB front sights inbetween times. Let me have a rummage.
    Hello Alistair,
    That would be great I can have a search for a Meteor rear sight for you and maybe we could do some business...
    Cheers...Dave...

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    The front sight looks like a generic unit, unlike the rear sight, as fitted to many german guns.

If you can measure the dovetails I'll have a look to see if I have anything, and whether it's the same as an HW unit. It appears to be having looked on the Anschutz website for the 1981 and 1993 versions.

The gamo unit as used on the S200, is ok but I wouldn't recommend one for a general use gun. I have one and the build quality is cheap/average, it doesn't feel robust and the rear aperture is rather small for anything other that paper punching.

The other option is a Williams receiver sight. Again I've have one with a blade (regular notch) for a project that didn't happen. Well made, low profile and can be adjusted to fit all airgun dovetails. It's on p.10 of the Williams Catalogue, here. I can take some photos on an HW if that appeals.
    Hello 18 Wheeler,
    I can't measure the dovetails yet because I haven't received the rifle yet I would be very interested in the Williams receiver sight if you are willing to part with it please send me a P/M with the price and how you would like to be paid. It looks like a very nice solid little sight...
    All the best...Dave...

I too have been on the lookout for a 335 front sight(plunger type) for several years now to no avail.However,I believe that they can still be ordered new from old stock Anschutz has remaining,but at a high price.From memory around the 50 pounds mark!The replacement FWB front sight Protek's sell can be fitted to the 335,but because the mounting grooves on the 335 are slightly narrower than on the FWB the replacement front sight 'legs' will bend in under tension from the retaining screw.I actually bought a 335 a couple of years ago with one of these sights fitted which is how I know.It is not a satisfactory set up and I would advise against.I have yet to find a suitable replacement and may eventually because of the overall minty condition of the rifle I have go ahead and buy a 'new' one from Anschutz,ATB.

Ps,Weihrauch front sights will not fit the narrow grooves of the 335.
    Last edited by mrto; 20-05-2012 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandshaky View Post
    I believe that the 335 came fitted with a Williams type aperture rear sight in some versions and that all versions had a globe type foresight with a neat spring loaded insert changing device.
    ..Dave...
    Hi Dave,

You are correct in that the 335S (the lower powered target version) came with no back sight facility on the barrel and fitted with a Williams type peep sight which was quite unusual in that the retaining screw fitted down through the sight base and was not an adjustable dove tail one which is the norm. Our club 10m rifle is a 335S.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    I too have been on the lookout for a 335 front sight(plunger type) for several years now to no avail.However,I believe that they can still be ordered new from old stock Anschutz has remaining,but at a high price.From memory around the 50 pounds mark!The replacement FWB front sight Protek's sell can be fitted to the 335,but because the mounting grooves on the 335 are slightly narrower than on the FWB the replacement front sight 'legs' will bend in under tension from the retaining screw.I actually bought a 335 a couple of years ago with one of these sights fitted which is how I know.It is not a satisfactory set up and I would advise against.I have yet to find a suitable replacement and may eventually because of the overall minty condition of the rifle I have go ahead and buy a 'new' one from Anschutz,ATB.

Ps,Weihrauch front sights will not fit the narrow grooves of the 335.
    Hello Mark,
    Thanks for the information on the FWB and Weihrauch front sights, its a shame the mounting grooves are incompatible so unless I can find a genuine 335 sight I will have to see what I can come up with by way of an alternative method of mounting one.
    The one bright point could be that the Euro is weak against the pound just now which could make the Anschutz stock a little cheaper
    All the best...Dave...

Hello,
    does anyone know the width of the front sight grooves on the 335 please ?

Dave...

Quote Originally Posted by Oldandshaky View Post
    Hello,
    does anyone know the width of the front sight grooves on the 335 please ?

Dave...
    Hi Dave,
    I forgot to mention in the PM I have sent to you that if you go on to the Anschutz website and click on "downloadables" you will see a listing for the 335.The original manual can be downloaded and is in both English and German.It is a very good quality download and includes useful instructional pics' plus an exploded diagram of the gun and a parts list for ordering purposes.Sights and their relevant order no's are on the list.

ATB,

Mark.

Hello Mark,
    Thank you for your help and some good information...
    All the best...Dave...