Thread: sharp pan target

sharp pan target

i have been offered one of these in minty condition ,chap reckons as new with both foresight and rear sights intact.. can someone give me a ballpark figure of what this would be worth,if thats possible..

God only ever seen one in a book,enjoy.

The last one that I am aware of being sold, went for $750.00 NZ, approximately £362.00 GBP in 2011, which IMHO was cheap, and was sold by
    one of the gentlemen of this forum.
    If it is as described, I would estimate the value to be nearer the £450 mark.
    ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

I did own two Pan Targets http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...PanTargets.jpg but I swapped one for a .177 Normay Vixen to a BBS member. I understood that only 30 were imported into this country by Manchester Air Guns.

I would suggest £400.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

A near mint Ace was sold on this forum almost a year ago for £370, the much rarer Pan Target in near mint condition could command as much as £600. And i know collectors who would pay more for one. But for this type of money the rifle MUST have it's original front and rear sights.

Bear in mind that rarity makes valuation difficult, there are some collectors who would not pay much above the £400 - £450 mark, but they would face stiff competition from those willing to pay the extra.

If your offered one in such excellent condition around the £400 - £450 mark then snatch their hand off!

IIRC, Alan at Manchester Airguns said they only imported 10 rifles?
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post

IIRC, Alan at Manchester Airguns said they only imported 10 rifles?
    I bow to your greater knowledge.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I bow to your greater knowledge.

ATB
    Ian
    Rumour has it that someone else also imported the Pan Targets? A certain collector/dealer claims he knows the whereabouts of 15 Pan Targets.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."