Thread: Advice on how to fix a Parker Hale PH16M peep sight?

Advice on how to fix a Parker Hale PH16M peep sight?

I have a PH16M on an old Webley MK3 but the spring and plunger which 'locks' the aperture arm in place to be used, or out of the way is stuck in the body of the sight. I suppose the spring has collapsed. as a result the sight arm flops around. I can't figure out how to disassemble the sight to get to this part to replace it. Can anyone help? It is the version from the 1950's. There is a pic of the type of sight here: http://weihrauchowners.freeforums.or...&view=previous The bottom pic on that thread shows the plunger button.

Quote Originally Posted by Prewar View Post
    I have a PH16M on an old Webley MK3 but the spring and plunger which 'locks' the aperture arm in place to be used, or out of the way is stuck in the body of the sight. I suppose the spring has collapsed. as a result the sight arm flops around. I can't figure out how to disassemble the sight to get to this part to replace it. Can anyone help? It is the version from the 1950's. There is a pic of the type of sight here: http://weihrauchowners.freeforums.or...&view=previous The bottom pic on that thread shows the plunger button.
    I have a PH 16 sight with a screwdriver slot in the very base of the pillar, underneath - that may well be the way forward. Hopefully catch up with you soon.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    I have a PH 16 sight with a screwdriver slot in the very base of the pillar, underneath - that may well be the way forward. Hopefully catch up with you soon.
    Thanks Silva, That screwdriver slot at the bottom doesn't seem to do anything! Are you going to Brum on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Prewar View Post
    Scott is that the sight where we thought the plunger had fallen out in transit, but couldn't understand how it had clearance? The fact the plunger is stuck in the body explains it! Now why didn't we think of it at the time?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.