Thread: Can I 'compact' my FWB C25?

Can I 'compact' my FWB C25?

I have been considering buying a compact match pistol for a while due to the sorter sight line and lighter weight but is it possible to have a gunsmith cut down the barrel on my C25 without adverse effects?

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric fwb 65 View Post
    I have been considering buying a compact match pistol for a while due to the sorter sight line and lighter weight but is it possible to have a gunsmith cut down the barrel on my C25 without adverse effects?
    A competent gunsmith should be able to reduce the barrel length for you without affecting accuracy, you'll either get reduced velocity or if the porting/valve is retuned for standard output your cas consumption will increase and give a reduced shot count,
    Regards,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Steyr always had different cilinder available for its co2 pistols. Longer, shorter, ánd alu vs steel.
    All the best options imo, to alter weight and balance.
    Maybe FWB has similar options.
    On most pistols its also quite easy to alter the sightline length, but repositioning the front sight.
    ATB,
    yana

I know FWB do short cylinders for the c20 but the c25 has a grenade style cylinder so i think you'd be stuck with the same cylinder.

You might have to convert it to a c20 and then get the short cylinders to match, otherwise the weight saving itsn't going to be too much.

Ok, that style of cilinder.
    Than I would forget making it a Compact all together, cause there's little to be gained imho.
    Than I'd suggest making/fitting ome other front sight holder if yr keen on a shorter sight picture.
    ATB,
    yana