Thread: Webley Replicas

Webley Replicas

Anyone thinking of ordering either a Webley Replica Clock or Air Pistol Box as a Christmas present, please don't leave it until the last minute, or you may be disappointed.

Don't leave it too late.

Hi David,

As an aside, I would certainly be interested in purchasing some reproduction Webley Swing Tags if you ever consider replicating something like that in the future.

Regards

Brian

Which tags, Brian ?

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Which tags, Brian ?
    Hi David,

An original example of the Webley Swing Tags referred to can be seen in the following picture of one of my Juniors. I believe they were supplied with new pistols and were green for .177 and red for .22 but I'm not absolutely sure of that.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/abasmaj...7630495951568/

Regards

Brian

I probably won't do these as it would be too easy for the unscrupulous to pass them off as the real thing, without considerable alteration to the original design, in which case replication would be pointless.
    I've tried to make my replicas as close as possible to the original, without them being an exact copy which could easily be passed off as an original, although I accept it could happen, particularly if the unscrupulous and the unwary happen to meet up, the boxes being the prime example, although Webley never used the covering paper I use, and used different coverings for the various models, nor used the same construction method I use for the boxes.

I fully understand your reservations and steps taken to identify replications from original items. Due to space restrictions, I now concentrate on ephemera and accessories rather than guns, so it will continue to give me something to watch out for.

Regards

Brian