Thread: Webley Osprey Supertarget for sale.

Webley Osprey Supertarget for sale.

I bought this Webley Osprey Supertarget recently from BAR for £175 (receipt available) - but when I got it home I found it did not shoot as it had no compression.

A new pair of piston rings were fitted ( thanks IJ), so the rifle was stripped, serviced and lubed and now fires OK.

The stock on the rifle had some dings, but they have mostly steamed out pretty good and some fresh walnut oil dressing makes it look nice.

The target stock is a nice shape and looks really good - not all Osprey Supertargets were fitted with this stock as it was an optional part until later when all Osprey Supertargets were finally fitted with them.

The metalwork is in good condition ( see pictures) and overall the rifle looks smart and tidy.

The sights on the rifle are as supplied when I bought it and are not the original type and there was no front sight element with it, but the alloy front sight mount unit has been welll made and looks good. ( maybe better than the original square steel block).

I am not so sure about the make of the sights, but I have been told the rear sight may be Air Arms and the front sight may be Parker Hale. With the grub screw removed a standard front sight mount could still be fitted.

With a scope fitted to the scope grooves it could make an interesting FT rifle - it certainly has plenty of bang!

If fired with the tap open, the air is held until the tap is closed and then it rapidly exhausts so the seals look to be working perfectly.

I am not so convinced about the "safety" switch, but as a target rifle I never use it in any case.

I am hoping to get my £175 back for this rifle now it actually works and has been tidied up a bit, so if anyone is interested in buying it, please send me a PM.

FTF would be preferred as this is an unusual rifle and I would welcome any inspection prior to purchase.

Pictures to follow with a link - hopefully later tonight ( when we find the camera lead!).
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Pictures of my Webley Osprey Supertarget,

Here are the pictures of my Osprey Supertarget that is for sale for £175.00 as seen.

http://bobsairguns.com/index.php?opt...ery&Itemid=125

I can send the rifle by carrier to most mainland UK address's for £20.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.