Thread: My Name is Rex and i am an addict

My Name is Rex and i am an addict

Hi all. a few years ago I followed through with an ambition of mine to shoot long bow and bought a lovely one made by a great guy. However, being based in London I found the clubs were very few and far between and also seemed to impose more and more restrictions before I would have been allowed to shoot it. I complied and bought a recurve bow, did their course and started shooting with good results. They frowned upon me when I on shooting bare bow with no sights and learn to be in tune with my bow. Anyway, after lots of goalpost changing I was forced to give it up through to getting a bone condition.

I worked hard to adapt but still had this consuming need to be able to shoot as a form of meditation. One friend suggested i got a PCP and another helped me see that if I was into traditional bow shooting I should get a springer. I am forever in his debt. I bought an Air Arms TX200 from new and had a saga of scope ups and downs until I bought a second hand Viper 4-16 x 50. I also put a V-Mach kit in it myself when i thought i had broken the spring due to a pellet dropping out of the breach. (it turned out the scope had come loose, but hey we all have to learn somehow).

What a lovely set up and through the air gunning fraternity's very welcoming nature and willingness to help and inspire me to progress I have come along leaps and bounds. I have been shooting for just under a year and getting reasonable scores in HFT comps, i have won a few. I have to say that air gun shooting is everything that I was looking for and I have learnt so much from people and could not imagine ever parting with Amy my TX.

So I thought it appropriate to just introduce myself on this forum and say a really big thank you to the shooting fraternity for having me and helping me get to where I am now. I am shooting at the worlds at the end of March which I thought would be a great way to celebrate my first anniversary.

Really glad you hear of your sucess Rex and also really pleased you have found the sport welcoming, its great to see more and more newcomers and it would be great if you got others to join in too.

ATB

Matt
    .177 HW100 KT, Hawke Sidewinder 4-14x44 SR Pro, A&M Twink Modorator.

I'm an addict

Trouble is Rex, once your hooked,there's NO cure.

Have fun

Bri

Harry is offline World Recoiling Champion 2014
    Hello Rexy boy and about time too lol.

Just like to say i have shot with Rex many times now and he has come along very well in the shooting world and can only get better with practise.

You have a great set up mate and you are shooting PB's every time we shoot together and i must stop giving away all my secrets lol.

Welcome again mate to the BBS and im sure you will get all questions answered on hear that you may have as there are some top people on hear.

See you soon Bud.

Atb Harry.

Smile cheers Master.

I have to say though the highlight of the year for me was when you said i had won 3rd place by default as there were only us 3 springer shooters that time. So what have you done with that 3rd place medal.

i am already an evangelist now mate.

Quote Originally Posted by salop sniper View Post
    Really glad you hear of your sucess Rex and also really pleased you have found the sport welcoming, its great to see more and more newcomers and it would be great if you got others to join in too.

ATB

Matt
    Hi Matt, yes I have already been passing on what I have been given freely so that is in the spirit of how it was given. But I am most definitely an addict Bri, i woul travel 50 miles on friday night to zero my scope ready for sat at a comp which is 20 miles away and then still feel withdrawals on sunday unless i can go to Rochford to shoot which is a 100 mile round trip to shoot. lovely environments though and great people.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    I too found a welcome from the airgun fraternity that was missing in the archery club I joined. Glad to hear about your progress and success Rex and long may it continue.

ATB

Mike.
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "

come on in the water is lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec4 View Post
    I too found a welcome from the airgun fraternity that was missing in the archery club I joined. Glad to hear about your progress and success Rex and long may it continue.

ATB

Mike.
    I am glad you got the welcome too mate. Also i am glad that it wasnt just my paranoia that gave me the hard time at the archery club. I cant say i miss it at all. I hope that you also got support to progress with your shooting too..