Thread: Styer lp10 or morini 162ei

Styer lp10 or morini 162ei

Hi all this is my first post so please be nice, I have recently started pistol shooting at my club, but unfortunately it has no left handed pistols, I have been offers the styer and morini could anyone help about pros and cons as I will also have to buy a left haned grip for the styer. Thank you in advance

Steyr or Morini

Bob Clevely Checkmate Guns has a left hand Morini 162 ei Short, I don't know the price. He is in Chorley.
    Evo 10 Compact.

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

The morini has a E trigger. Cause of that, grip isnt adjustable for cant. The morinigrips are great, the steyr grips imoare too thin.
    Besides thát, its really personal, what yóu favor, balance and weightwise.
    ATB,
    yana

Thank you, I've seen bob cleaves morini he wants 700 for it is this to much??

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    The morini has a E trigger. Cause of that, grip isnt adjustable for cant. The morinigrips are great, the steyr grips imoare too thin.
    Besides thát, its really personal, what yóu favor, balance and weightwise.
    All of the Steyr grips I've seen have been Morini ones as standard - I'd assumed the basic design was the same, is that not the case?

Thank you, I've seen bob cleaves morini he wants 700 for it is this to much??
    When I asked Bob a few month's ago about the price of a Morini 162 EI short right hand, he had in stock he quoted £800. I would have said 700 is a good price, especially from a dealer.
    Evo 10 Compact.

May or may not be of help as whats right for one doesn't mean its right for another. but in the last 3 days I've been lucky enough to try both the Morini 162ei and the Steyr LP10, and like you I'm new to the sport.

My findings were the Morini is a great pistol, well balanced and a pleasure to shoot, however I did notice a little more bounce after the shot, almost as soon as the shot went off. The Steyr was also a great pistol to shoot, for me it was again very well balanced and a joy to shoot, but on making the shot I felt nothing at all, it was almost dead, which is something I liked.

At the target end I didn't care about scores, even shot placement rather looking at how the shot felt and group sizes and for me the Steyr was streets ahead, in fact I almost felt that as the Morini felt rough at shot maybe it was moving more at that time also, whereas the almost dead feel of the Steyr meant the sights were on target right through the shot.

I was so impressed that this morning I ordered a new LP10e and will be going to collect it all being well on Monday

jammy b**ger lol enjoy
    HW 100 Carbine .177
    HW77k .22 tuned by Lyn Lewington

Thanks for the advice I will be using both guns tonight and will be able to make a choice from there

The new LP10's I felt definately did nót have morini grips fitted as standard.
    Yes, the 162 could have a tad more recoil, as it doesnt have any anti recoil device like th Steyr.
    But its not quite relevant, really.
    Dunno how old it is, and wether old or new type 162, but 700 sounds stiff to me, allthough I'm used to mainland prices ofcourse.(in tsjech, you could buy a NEW 162M with 1 cilinder for 850 euro's..)
    ATB,
    yana

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    (in tsjech, you could buy a NEW 162M with 1 cilinder for 850 euro's..)
    I think you might mean this site

http://www.euroshooting.eu/en/index....pistole&hledej=

Mike
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

i have for sale a steyr lp10, inbox me for details

balterley

Do you still have the Steyer LP10?