Due to moving house a few times into areas without suitable places to shoot, or tiny gardens preventing home shooting, I've had a break of a few years.
Whilst going through one of my props boxes, I came across my 20year old Webley Nemesis Airpistol in .177.
The place where I live now has a garden some 20 meters or so long, so I thought I'd get back into shooting the trusty Webley, One purchase of RWS hobby's later I was happily plinking away in the garden shredding beer and pop cans withing a few minutes of setting the sights. Managed to "cut" a beer can in half at 10m, not quite so much at 20..
It occured to me that if I was to carry on, I needed to check what the Law was these days on Air pistol shooting in your own garden. Not least because the Webley is a big Black pistol, which to the uneducated could I suppose be mistaken at a distance for a firearm. And having looked around regarding more modern Airpistols I am quite taken with the Gamo Pt-85. As far as I have found I'm within the legal rights to do so safely but there's always that possibility, that old mr so and so across the way who leans out of his bedroom window for a smoke, may mistake a nondescript black airpistol for a real firearm at a distance.
Any advice regarding Garden shooting? and particularly if I were to purchase said Gamo. Being that it's a Co2 with blowback.
Cheers all.