I'm always astonished that folks associate brand with effective accuracy at a certain distance.

Last time I looked, provided the gun is functioning correctly and decent pellets are available, that is down to the shooter...

I currently own a Logun PCP, Weihrauch springers x7, Hatsan (PCP and springer), BSA (several), etc, etc,. and one of two SMK XS19's that I bought last year.

I tuned both and fitted a Welsh Willy kit and trigger to one, and I can print 5p size groups at 30 metres kneeling or sitting. Can't do that standing but that's because I'm rubbish at standing shots. Note, I am rubbish at standing shots - given that the gun can regularly print 5p groups at that range in may ham fisted mits, a better shot could be reasonably expected to tighten that group up still further or extend the same group out to a greater distance.

My XS19 has become my favourite garden gun for pigeons, rabbits and the odd rat that tries its luck, and it's a brilliant tool for this purpose.

Is it as well engineered as more expensive guns ?

No.

Do I feel that I wasted my money on it ?

Definitely not.

Could I have bought into it and stopped there without ever having to jump ship to a different manufacturer ?

Of course, but that's where want and need come into play, and what we want is rarely only what we need.

I think the SMK XS19 offers an awful lot, being light, easy to cock and load, easy to shoot (especially with the Welsh Willy trigger upgrade which really does transform the gun) and it has accuracy to spare at whatever range you can effectively use the gun at.

Despite lots of alternatives, I reach for it regularly and thoroughly enjoy owning and shooting it.

I can't print noticeably better groups with my Weihrauch springers than with the SMK, but that's because I am the limiting factor, not the kit.

Folks ought to remember that instead of continuously perpetuating the somewhat ridiculous myth that brand X is, by definition, incapable.

I'll get my coat...