Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
My .177 Turkish Tempest has now arrived and I put a couple of shots through it before I came home tonight.

I will shoot it some more at the RMTC tomorrow night, but first impressions are:-

1/ that the pistol came in its original box still wrapped in its plastic bag with the handbook and looks like new.

2/ the pistol is harder to cock than my .177 British Tempest, but it had a nice smooth trigger and felt quite good when I shot it.

Tomorrow night at 10 meters on an ISU target is a much tougher test so I will attempt to get it sighted-in and put some more pellets through it, but the pistol feels so "new" and smelt like it was dieseling a little, so I think it may need some time to get "shot-in" before any serious accuracy testing can be made - but it will be shot against my old to get an initial impression at least.

I will try Hobby, Meisterkugeln and GECO to give it its best chance.........unless anyone can suggest a better flat headed match pellet that works better in a .177 Tempest ....?
Hi Bob I'm not sure about your Tempest but l eventually ended up with R10s in my Premier.
IMHO the Premier is the best shooting Wobbly. I own a Junior, smoothbore no chance, a Senior very poor 3 pin trigger, and a Mk 1, nearly as good as the Prem. I have shot all the later derivatives Temps, Tys, and Hurrys and found them lacking in the engineering quality of their earlier steel antecedents.
Also what evocative names they have compared to the drone like LP 1 lp2 LP ERM 5 etal
I am confident that these pistols will be giving shooting pleasure and FUN to future generations, when my Steyr is a pile of corroded alloy !!
Over to you, rubber band boy!

Hippo