Thread: Springer i.d and information

Springer i.d and information

Hello there,

I have recently been given a couple of old sub 12ftlb springers as payment for a job I did. I was just wondering if anyone could offer some information of possible value of these rifles...

the first is a diana g80 air rifle. it has a lovely stock with a deliberate cut out for the cheek rather then the traditional shape with open sights and .22 calibre. it is no doubt very low power as there is not much resistance to cocking and also needs re bluing. google searches shows nothing like the rifle i own or anything resembling it.

the second is a gamo magnum, this is all the information on the gun regarding the model name, its in good condition slight bluing surface rust and would probably benefit from a service and polish but seems to have kept some of its power. the stock is of generic style and quite bulky, it has an old bsa fixed scope and a webley silencer/sound suppressor.

I will try get some pictures up tomorrow to aid the i.d of these guns. the ones through google don't look anything like either.

cheers guys, Dave

Both good basic 1970,s to 80,s springers. The G80 should have a date stamp on the underside of the stock which will help you date it. I have a 1977 series 1 with deep foreend in .177, no its not powerful but it is very accurate and with Crossman domes is more consistent than some pcps I have shot yes really I payed £45.00The Gammo, again isnt a wonderful gun but again more than adequate has a mid range 25 yard hunter around the farm yard, good luck if you sell them.