Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tip for the day

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I 'ate silencers, me. Unless you are a vermin hunter they are an ugly complication. A well-tuned springer will make very little noise at the muzzle unless you have gone and chopped the barrel down to a fashionable stub.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I 'ate silencers, me. Unless you are a vermin hunter they are an ugly complication. A well-tuned springer will make very little noise at the muzzle unless you have gone and chopped the barrel down to a fashionable stub.
    its a k and it has a crack to it....I will make a shroud for it

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I've found POI and accuracy issues where silencer where the pellets are just getting too close to the silencer baffles (or stripper cone), even if not actually touching. I'm talking a thou or two, not a mm, obviously... figures it was air disruption related with the proximity HTH - JB

Bernoulli effect for sure and, most definitely, tuning the barrel vibrations.
    Already detailed up above, but hardly had time to get on since Tuesday.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 2025.........BOING!!

its better without a silencer, shot it again tonight after cleaning the barrel again...jury is still out. So going to touch the crown next and see if that helps.

Its tuned lovely, now just need the accuracy with it.

Tone, maybe worth a play with a few different pellet types?
    If the silencer is changing the frequencies, and different pellets will exit at a different point in the cycle, usually surge, this could make all the difference?
    Also, worth a play with a movable barrel weight to fine tune?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Tone, maybe worth a play with a few different pellet types?
    If the silencer is changing the frequencies, and different pellets will exit at a different point in the cycle, usually surge, this could make all the difference?
    Also, worth a play with a movable barrel weight to fine tune?
    Its had every type of pellet thru it that could be accurate, so belt and braces it gets a touch up on the crown.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoe01 View Post
    No silencer = 1 hole at 25 yards and ragged hole at 30 yards
    With silencer 10 mm groups 25 yards and hopeless at 30 yards...really head scratching.
    Tone, as you know what you're doing with them, and have done many of them before, you'll certainly not harm anything by a little crown fettling.

But, the above accuracy, without the silencer, points to it NOT being a crown issue? Unless, of course, by leaving the barrel not quite 100% true places it closer to the inner diameter of the mod on some shots, and the pressure affecting things......without the mod, there's none of this interfering pressure "chaos"?????

I'd still be tempted to play with a movable barrel weight and see I'd you could tune the accuracy, with mod fitted, that way.

We know you'll get to the bottom of this.