Thread: could anyone help with info on this old diana please

Talking could anyone help with info on this old diana please

It has open sights and is that old it doesn't have any dovetails for a scope. If anyone has some info on it or even an approximate value?

It does work, but needs a new piston seal as the original is coming out of the end, so could also do with knowing a good place for spares.

Thanks in advance for your help

Kind regards, Dave

Diana

Hi Dave

The rifle looks like a Model 22 which was British made, if you have a good look around the stock you might find an indented date I.e. 10/56 (October 1956) or similar. These were manufactured in great numbers as a youth's rifle, value probably in the region of £50 - £60. Not worth spending a great deal of money on restoration unless it has personal value to you.

Atb Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by CRX View Post
    Hi Dave

The rifle looks like a Model 22 which was British made, if you have a good look around the stock you might find an indented date I.e. 10/56 (October 1956) or similar. These were manufactured in great numbers as a youth's rifle, value probably in the region of £50 - £60. Not worth spending a great deal of money on restoration unless it has personal value to you.

Atb Robin.
    Thanks for getting back to me, it's not of any personal value but I was thinking of doing it up for my daughter to teach her when she is old enough.

As it was pretty much free I could spend a bit on it if I had too.

I will give the date a look in a bit thanks for letting me know bud. Any clues on service parts ?

Many thanks, Dave

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    A lot of the parts for the Diana 22 are the same as the Webley Junior rifle, Webley Jaguar and Webley Ranger rifles, some parts are still available for those too but are quite rare so pricey.

I have a Webley Ranger which my daughter shot for a little while until she lost interest but as I had one as a kid too, it's the only rifle I'd never sell unless I found a better example.

I ended up making a PTFE piston seal as the old leather one was well knackered and a spare couldn't be found at the time, works well and produces 5 FPE but accurate as a pcp at 10 yds.

The Ranger is slightly different where it was available with a dovetail for a scope and had an upgraded solid steel rifled barrel where as the Junior and I assume the Jaguar had the same plated smoothbore brass barrel as your Diana has.

Lovely little fun guns and mine has accounted to the extinction of a colony of mice that were too sneaky for traps!

Good luck with it.

Paul

Thought you might have meant this one
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=di...%3B1058%3B1051

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    Nah, the rifle is wayyyy better looking

Quote Originally Posted by premierpistol View Post
    A lot of the parts for the Diana 22 are the same as the Webley Junior rifle, Webley Jaguar and Webley Ranger rifles, some parts are still available for those too but are quite rare so pricey.

I have a Webley Ranger which my daughter shot for a little while until she lost interest but as I had one as a kid too, it's the only rifle I'd never sell unless I found a better example.

I ended up making a PTFE piston seal as the old leather one was well knackered and a spare couldn't be found at the time, works well and produces 5 FPE but accurate as a pcp at 10 yds.

The Ranger is slightly different where it was available with a dovetail for a scope and had an upgraded solid steel rifled barrel where as the Junior and I assume the Jaguar had the same plated smoothbore brass barrel as your Diana has.

Lovely little fun guns and mine has accounted to the extinction of a colony of mice that were too sneaky for traps!

Good luck with it.

Paul
    Thanks for the info mate, I think the barrel is rifled on mine but will double check