Thread: 6/10 yard individual postal comps??

6/10 yard individual postal comps??

As per the title.... Anyone know of or running 6/10 yard/meter postal, or email, comps for a non club affiliated, individual rifle shooter??

Thanks in advance

If you are talking springer or ssp pistol search for "6yd mpl" on this forum. You can still enter the current competition.

Here you go: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....yd-mpl-results

Cheers,

Mick

Thanks, was more specifically after rifle comps as I dont own a pistol, as yet.

I've only just discovered the joys of short range target shooting and to that end am currently building a sub 7fpe spring rifle for bell target and 10 meter.

I know there is a bell target league not far from me in Newport, its just I wanted to maximise my chances to use the rifle when at home doing email & potal leagues aswell.

Good luck with finding a comp and hope you keep on enjoying your shooting.

Cheers,

Mick

If there is enough interest we could add a 6 yard MPL postal competition to the next series that starts 1st July and runs until 31st December 2014.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

OH no not a rifle now as well!!!!!!
    I started with just a webley alecto to take part in the pistol mpl, since october I have bought 10 pistols including a lp2 and a Pardini k12 and have totally ignored looking at rifles as I really cannot justify needing one - but a spring 6yd comp, omg - off to research!!!!

Bob sounds like a good idea and would be easy enough to add seperate rifle scores to the pistol scores I collate for the MPL already, unless we get thousands of entries.

George

Quote Originally Posted by thirdwheel View Post
    OH no not a rifle now as well!!!!!!
    I started with just a webley alecto to take part in the pistol mpl, since october I have bought 10 pistols including a lp2 and a Pardini k12 and have totally ignored looking at rifles as I really cannot justify needing one - but a spring 6yd comp, omg - off to research!!!!

Bob sounds like a good idea and would be easy enough to add seperate rifle scores to the pistol scores I collate for the MPL already, unless we get thousands of entries.

George
    Hi George - I am also a little worried about stamping lots more targets - it takes long enough already!....but I have a cunning plan...

ps - check out Original Model 75 and Feinwerkbau 300S - both excellent MPL rifles

I'd be up for that and have a couple of others at my club using 300's who may also go for it

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    If there is enough interest we could add a 6 yard MPL postal competition to the next series that starts 1st July and runs until 31st December 2014.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Oh my what have I started and thanks for the offer

I would be well up for that, luckily it sort of runs in time with the time scale I had planned for my rifles rebuild.

how do we go about drumming up interest in this new format to ensure best chances of it getting off the ground??

Quote Originally Posted by TheWilding View Post
    Oh my what have I started and thanks for the offer

I would be well up for that, luckily it sort of runs in time with the time scale I had planned for my rifles rebuild.

how do we go about drumming up interest in this new format to ensure best chances of it getting off the ground??

Maybe we don't need to do too much drumming?

I will start a new thread asking if we have enough interest to add a 6 yard air rifle event to next seasons MPL postal competition after I have slightly changed the rules to accommodate spring powered and SSP air rifles.

I will get the rules done first and then buy enough NSRA 6 yard targets to run the event with.....

Dorset Post League covers both 6yd and 10m been going for years.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

being firmly rooted in the distant past where everything was perfect i was hoping it might be for prewar underlevers
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    being firmly rooted in the distant past where everything was perfect i was hoping it might be for prewar underlevers
    You can certainly use one of those if you choose.........I may use a Webley Mk3 Supertarget