Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to id a webley vulcan mk2 or mk3 help

Im well and truly befuddled now.. looks like the vulcan I gave to the brother in law was a MK1, not the MK2 I thought it was.. Dave, sorry if I confused you with what I thought was correct information.
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Xocet: a no thrills variant of the Vulcan (no safety and very plain stocks) with re-jigged breech so no gap apparent from above when rear sight removed.
    I found the above summary very useful in the past. Althought the stock on the Xocet is plain/no white spacers, I must have been lucky and got one of the better ones The stock on my 0.177 Brummie Xocet Carbine has a really nice (deep, oil like) high quality finish which brings out the grain, whereas my 0.22 Mk 2 Vulcan has a very plain (flat, varnish like) finish and hardly any grain. The Xocet has a nice adjustable trigger and anti-recoil which is a bonus. I hear that early Mk 2 Vulcans might not have had the anti recoil/twang device. This might explain why the front screw of the trigger guard had sheared off my used Vulcan Mk 2 (apparently not uncommon if the screw has worked loose). I removed the broken stud and put in a new screw (available from Knibbs) + threadlock. That was the only minor snag on a 30 year old used Vulcan; a highly accurate rifle that will no doubt last another 30+ years no problem
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 12-04-2014 at 03:35 PM. Reason: spelling