Thread: help with a haenel 100

help with a haenel 100

I just recently took position of a nice haenel 100 spring pistol and I have a few questions. first, although it shoots well enough the detent that keeps the bb in the breech isn't working and the bb will roll out the end of the barrel if i'm not careful. how can I fix this? also can I buy replacement washers and seals for this puppy and what about maintenance and lubrication since this pistol was produced in October of 1932 I think it maybe time. feel free to weigh in and thanks for the help, andy r.

Haenel 100

Not sure if mine had some wire soldered in to retain the balls in position? You can get a variety of leather washers off fleabay and one will fit the 100. Reblued mine and sold pistol for £140 a while ago. Forgot to mention I have the original Haenel balls and they are a slightly different size than the modern ones.

Baz

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7111f19c.jpg

thanks for the replies, my 100 has a very fine wire which is just ahead of the breech and is twisted at the bottom of the tube. I assume this is the detent and over time may have stretched to the point where it is no longer effective. I am also told that the pistol was designed for a slightly larger round then the current steel bbs. a gunsmith suggested I try Avanti bbs because they are slightly larger. I think the wire idea would work if the slot that it fits in was cut a bit deeper to catch the top of the bb, but what do I know.

Been trying to remember how the wire worked. Think it formed a loop up into the barrel and back down to form a temporary obstruction in the barrel for the bb. Could be bent and adjusted for different resistance. I Think there is a hollow probe which would free the bb from the wire and blast out air at the same time. Tried using Gamo lead balls but they deform and jam. Looks like you can only use steel bbs.

Baz

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/...ps301ade5f.jpg

great news!!! I was able to use the corner of a putty knife to force the wire back into position to hold the bb in place. no more miss fires, life is good.