View Poll Results: What's up?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • The 586 isn't up to the hype!!

5 38.46%
  • I'm doing it wrong (please let me know what)

2 15.38%
  • Alecto has ruined me

4 30.77%
  • Other (please explain)

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have I been spoiled...

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    It's an indexing thing - sometimes if they aren't set up just right it will misalign when shooting in SA, with big effects on accuracy.
    Just ordering range of pellets now, will post back some results when I get time (not easy with a 2 year old and a 6 week old baby! )

Update

So I stripped the thing down and polished up a few bits that moved against each other and the results were brilliant! groups are now less than an inch so there's still room for improvement but it's way better than the 4 inch groups previously!

I'll try to add some pics showing where I polished incase it helps anyone else.

What pellets do others use in their 586?

Cheers, Davy

http://www.davykelly.co.uk/wp-conten...5/IMG_2436.jpg
    http://www.davykelly.co.uk/wp-conten...5/IMG_2437.jpg
    Last edited by Davy; 07-05-2014 at 05:19 PM. Reason: add pics

Spoilt by a pneumatic with a sweet trigger

However, if you enjoy putting several pellets on target in DA in the time it takes the other guy to open, pump, load, close, aim and fire the Alecto once, then the SW586 is just the ticket

The 586 is great fun, but this evening I rediscovered one of the great things about the Alecto... it's power. I generally only shoot it on one stroke but I've just reseeded my lawn and the pigeons are having a field day on it. Out with the Alecto, three strokes and pop. well there's one less pigeon to destroy my lawn now!

I do not have an Alecto (the size puts me off), just a HW40, but appreciate it greatly for its precision, very low recoil, and very light trigger. Now combining that with the power of a multi-pump...you've got me thinking