Thread: BSF 54 Bayern in .22

BSF 54 Bayern in .22

Bought this a few years back from KevinRonnie , it sat at the back of the gun room has had other projects. Got her back today from Welsh Willi and looking good, ok its not powerful but it wasnt designed to be, getting just under 10ftlbs but its amazingly accurate with allmost anything includeing SMK Spitfires out to farmyard ranges (25 yards) . The 55/60/70 break barells are the powerhouses of the BSF range but dont wright of the old 54 its a top gun.

Nice one Dave,any pics or are you as bad as me on computers.I've done some pics but got a fault with P,Bucket that i need to sort.

Hi Mick, no I am actually ok with the camera, its the bloody computor .operates on the android system and I cant get it to accept download pics wish I hadnt got it , I will try again latter, hows the Century going

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    If you replace the leather washer with a modern plastic one from Vortek (I think they do an adaptor as well, or you can get one from Welsh Willy or that Dutch place) it should hit 11.5 fpe. Yours perhaps just needs shooting in as they were quite close to the legal limit in the old days. Try a few different pellets as well.

An extremely robust rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    If you replace the leather washer with a modern plastic one from Vortek (I think they do an adaptor as well, or you can get one from Welsh Willy or that Dutch place) it should hit 11.5 fpe. Yours perhaps just needs shooting in as they were quite close to the legal limit in the old days. Try a few different pellets as well.

An extremely robust rifle.
    yes love mine. and will try the idea of an adaptor.
    Last edited by FattMann; 06-10-2014 at 05:39 PM.

Just checked my early .22 B54 Bayern out of interest just under 10ft lbs.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49231705@N06/15465719471/
    Last edited by patt1796; 07-10-2014 at 01:55 PM.

As Hsing-ee said these are capable of the limit. Have a soft spot for them; almost a HW77 before its time. Heavy, powerful and accurate; just so yesteryear in the 1980's! WH bought out BSF as it was broke and now its history. Webley and BSA could have so easily gone the same way, well they did several times but found new financiers each time who wanted to keep the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    As Hsing-ee said these are capable of the limit. Have a soft spot for them; almost a HW77 before its time. Heavy, powerful and accurate; just so yesteryear in the 1980's! WH bought out BSF as it was broke and now its history. Webley and BSA could have so easily gone the same way, well they did several times but found new financiers each time who wanted to keep the name.
    I know the break barells are powerful, but never thought the 54 was a powerhouse but be nice if I could get the power up a bit, my55 and 70 are very accurate and powerful and the 20 pistol is a cracker. Ij whats your view has you have all the bsf,s

The '54 has never been my favourite BSF. and Ive stated such on this forum many times. Its built like the proverbial 'brick out house', and weighs the same and more akin to the Tornado than the HW77 in my eyes. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=25 and http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=26
    Now, the models 55/60/70 (and 65) are 'smiles' better.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Its a tap loader too, just like a Webley MKII or Airsporter, with all the problems a tap loader brings. Its also very front heavy like a Original 45. Once loaded, I enjoyed taking the shot but it always felt very dated, almost flinlock. Accuracy wise better than the MKIII, which isn't saying much.

Agricultural is a word I would use and yet like the Relum I like it- a lot

Quote Originally Posted by patt1796 View Post
    Just checked my early .22 B54 Bayern out of interest just under 10ft lbs.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49231705@N06/15465719471/
    thats a nice one

Quote Originally Posted by FattMann View Post
    yes love mine. and will try the idea of an adaptor.
    I have an adaptor and an Aussie vortek seal, that I bought for my BSF 50 and never fitted. PM me if you were interested, say £12 posted.

yes pleasee pm sent.