Thanks guys.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Vigilante and 2240. I'm sure both are equally accurate and only £10 difference between the two in Nottingham.

With the Vigilante I can easily add a red dot, and being .177 might be easier to shoot with the flatter trajectory. 10 shots magazine also means I can "rapid fire" in double action. It's no Dan Wesson (or Smith and Wesson) in terms of quality but you get what you paid for.

With the 2240, it's highly customisable. Probably more accurate than the Vigilante with its slightly longer barrel. It uses .22 so can use the same pellets as my rifle. It is single shot however, and adding scopes etc seems to require additional stuff (as it has no rails).

I'm leaning towards the Vigilante to be honest but I wonder whether I would/should save up for the 586 or Dan Wesson pellet. I don't think 586 has rails for attachments, and the Dan Wesson pellets loading sounds a bit of a faff. Or save up for another pellet pistol? Or would I miss out on the fun of customising my own 2240?

Hmmm. Decision decision...

Adrian